Reaction score
mat how mutch did it cost you

The exhaust system cost £314 from www.motorsportworld.co.uk - delivery took a week as shipped from Janspeed direct. Was charged £38 inc vat for fitting by my local exhaust centre as the old exhaust has to be cut off.

I already had the Janspeed sports cat which cost £273 from http://www.k-tecracing.com/ , I've since seen that motorsportsworld are slighly cheaper, but K-Tec did deliver next day!

7MAT

Reaction score
hyb said:
Did yours have Janspeed on the tips ?

No there is no logo on the tips, although this is not an issue for me.

I've now done a good 600 miles with the exhaust and the sound is developing nicely.

Come on James - get some photos up!

7MAT

Reaction score
Looks very good.Nice work.

I'd like to ask a question..Have you noticed any power increase ?

Is the sports cat a nice mod or is a waste of money?

As you can understand I'm thinking to go for the Janspeed sports cat but I'd like to know if it works....

Thanks on behalf guys.

Reaction score
Bagus said:
Looks very good.Nice work.

I'd like to ask a question..Have you noticed any power increase ?

Is the sports cat a nice mod or is a waste of money?

As you can understand I'm thinking to go for the Janspeed sports cat but I'd like to know if it works....

Thanks on behalf guys.

I was very keen to try the Janspeed sports cat on the Trophy as I had experienced great results when I replaced the cat on my M3 with Supersprint's 100cspi race cats.

On the M3 the difference was very noticable, on the Trophy is was less so. I get the impression that the original cats on the 182 are quite free flowing already. That said I could feel a slight difference to low down torque and the car did pull harder.

Are they worth the money, well compared to the Supersprint M3 cats at £1100 the Janspeed unit for the 182 does seem quite cheap. Compared to a 182 de-cat pipe then very expensive!

I've been told that the Janspeed 182 exhaust and sports cat is worth 6hp! But that could all be marketing hype!

Does my car feel better & sound better for the exhaust mods, then the answer is yes!

7MAT