Day

Reaction score
Cool, I'm in salisbury at the moment.

If I get the chance I'll pop up and take a look :D

Reaction score
I've now done a few hundred miles on my Janspeed exhaust system with sports cat and I’m very pleased with it.

There are a few times I wish it was a bit louder but reckon that 90% of the time it is spot on especially as I use my car to commute to work on the M25 (only 3 junctions) and did not want a system that was too loud or produced any unwanted cabin drone / booming.

I've noticed on mine that when the exhaust is cold the pipes are situated perfectly in the rear bumper, when hot they drop a little? Plan to take a look under the car this weekend to see if there is any adjustment?

7MAT

Reaction score
Drew182 said:
Thinking along Janspeed lines too. Any pics ??

Plan to take some pics this weekend as the car is filthy going up and down the motorway in this weather.
Hopefully James (hyb) will have some pics of the system being fitted? There is a library pic of the system in my 'Garage'.

7MAT

Reaction score
Sounds good get some pics up :wink:
Dads still undecided on the prospeed, so will be good to see some more options.

Reaction score
Hey glad you like yours too.

I've had a quick look and your right there is very little adjustment available - one tip I got off cliosport is to pack the holes on the black rubber exhaust mount with a few bits of cut hose pipe. This firms up the mount preventing any movement.

To be honest it lines up nicely I was just being a perfectionist. Although mine don't say Janspeed on the pipes- well at least I didn't think so we'll need to pop out and check now - from memory it just had the Janspeed logo pressed into the main box.

7MAT

Reaction score
:D Good to hear that you like your exhaust hyb! Looking forward to seeing the pics guys!

Reaction score
Sound good guys!!

Does it 'pop' and burble when you take your foot off the accelerator and let it slow down?

O.

Reaction score
Here's my pics of my Janspeed exhaust system;

With only one back box is weighs a massive 8kg lighter than the original.
JANSPEEDXXX.jpg
janspeed.jpg
janspeed2.jpg

I also modified my exhaust mounts today with some hose pipe and adjusted the brackets forward to the rear of the car a little.

exhaustmountmod1.jpg
exhaustmountmod2.jpg

The sound is developing very nicely as I put more miles on her.

7MAT

Reaction score
Looks good Matt! I must admit the Janspeed system is the one tempting me most right now, the single box design is definately the way to go.

Why did you have to modify the mount, was this just to get it to sit better and look better, or was it knocking?

Reaction score
OliS said:
Why did you have to modify the mount, was this just to get it to sit better and look better, or was it knocking?

No it was not knocking, I noticed that when the exhaust was hot it dropped down a little. Firming up the rear mounts prevents this.

7MAT

Reaction score
Good to hear it wasn't knocking, looks like it is sitting perfectly. Good little mod that!

Reaction score
Does it 'pop and burble' when you take your foot off the accelerator?

Looks great :)

O.

Reaction score
oliie said:
Does it 'pop and burble' when you take your foot off the accelerator?

Looks great :)

O.

No not really, I think you need a de-cat to get it to 'pop and burble', mines fitted with Janspeeds sports cat as I wanted to keep things 100% legal.

7MAT

Reaction score
Ahhh I see - I didn't realise that is what caused it!

Strange though... my girlfriend's '04 Cooper S does this and it is stock? Sounds fantastic when you lift off the throttle....

amm

Reaction score
7MAT said:
Here's my pics of my Janspeed exhaust system;

With only one back box is weighs a massive 8kg lighter than the original.
JANSPEEDXXX.jpg
janspeed.jpg
janspeed2.jpg

I also modified my exhaust mounts today with some hose pipe and adjusted the brackets forward to the rear of the car a little.

exhaustmountmod1.jpg
exhaustmountmod2.jpg

The sound is developing very nicely as I put more miles on her.

7MAT
mat how mutch did it cost you