Reaction score
only had a 182 trophy, and its the only one I looked at cos it was the only model I wanted.

knew I wanted a cliosport as my brother had I think it was the 7th 172 Cup in the country when they were new out. And most of the other models are in a circle of friends I know too :lol:

may be doing the unthinkable and moving backwards down the food chain to a 172 mk2 tho :shock: :lol:

Reaction score
I had a 182 cup for 8 months before doing the decent thing.

Had just sold my flat at a tidy profit and moved in with the soon to be Mrs196. Just popped into my local dealer for a bulb, spotted 196, fell in love and with the money burning a hole in my pocket couldn't resist - the deal was done in 2 days :D

Reaction score
i had a brand new flame red mk2 172FF, it is still in the family as the mrs has it now,
a couple CTR's, A focus RS, 182 cup and now the trophy.

trying to talk the mrs into selling her flame red and buying a trophy se we can be greedy and have two.

Reaction score
had a mk1 172 in black pearl metallic...see my owners register for pics (no.49) it was a beauty...sold that for an elise which i never really got on with,sold that on for the trophy last may and havent looked back..

Reaction score
slug172 said:
DaveTrophy said:
Xenons - didn't rate them to be honest

Climate Control - waste of time, I either had it on LO or HI, never bpthered setting a desired temp

Agree with you!

The only thing good about the xenons it the way they make white things look blue at night! lol Apart from that they just dazzle other drivers!

Climate control is dangerous too many buttons takes too long to set you have to play around pressing buttons while your driving taking attention away from the road! Should have controls on steering wheel!

I thought I was in a minority of one when I didn't rate xenons, or climate come to that.

Reaction score
Do non-Trophy models have coat hooks? It really drove me nuts not having anywhere to hang my suit when driving out to Client sites. Arg!

Reaction score
oliie said:
Do non-Trophy models have coat hooks? It really drove me nuts not having anywhere to hang my suit when driving out to Client sites. Arg!

My 182 doesn't :evil:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
5 GT (not the turbo) and not a renosport as such, which i regret letting go but like Olis said was beginning to eat money.

Reaction score
i had a phase 1 172 then v6 then trophy.

trophy is the best car to drive imo. although my 172 on h&r's was pretty special, the v6 was just too unpredictable on the limit, it went sideways in the dry!!!

none of my mates can believe the amount of grip the trophy gives, even in the wet.

Reaction score
Used To Have A 172 Cup Before.......Beast

No Regrets Switching To The Trophy.....Apart From all The Miles I've Done