Reaction score
Changing from my 172 to a trophy and was wondering how many of you have owned renaultsports before your trophy?

Reaction score
I had a 106 Diesel! lol! Test drove them all before the deciding on a Trophy tho!

Reaction score
Well i was just wondering to be honest! :D

Ive driven both myself, but perhaps long term honest comparisons would be good?

Reaction score
theo said:
I had a 106 Diesel! lol! Test drove them all before the deciding on a Trophy tho!

I had a 106 diesel few years ago too! lol Handy for travelling back and for to uni fuel consumption was amazing! When i moved back home i'd only need to put £10 diesel in a week! :D

Reaction score
I have a 106 as my daily driver at the minute lol its a beast

In comparison to the 182FF - I found all the 'extras' we're of no great use anyway

Xenons - didn't rate them to be honest

Climate Control - waste of time, I either had it on LO or HI, never bpthered setting a desired temp

Trophy is much more fun to drive, feels a lot more secure in corners to me
(and owning a Trophy, you become part of a limited club)

Reaction score
DaveTrophy said:
Xenons - didn't rate them to be honest

Climate Control - waste of time, I either had it on LO or HI, never bpthered setting a desired temp

Agree with you!

The only thing good about the xenons it the way they make white things look blue at night! lol Apart from that they just dazzle other drivers!

Climate control is dangerous too many buttons takes too long to set you have to play around pressing buttons while your driving taking attention away from the road! Should have controls on steering wheel!

Reaction score
slug172 said:
theo said:

I had a 106 diesel few years ago too! lol Handy for travelling back and for to uni fuel consumption was amazing! When i moved back home i'd only need to put £10 diesel in a week! :D

I used to do a tank a month at the worst in the 106, Now i can manage a tank a week in the Trophy! Needless to say i drive it more and i drive it harder because it is SOOO much fun!

Reaction score
I agree liked my 172 but the Trophy is totally different.

172 quick in a straight line, good into a corner but wobbled out of the corner. Nearly caught me out on more than one occasion. Still for the money they are going for now you cant beat them for VFM - value for money.

If I have had to get a cheaper car 172 would be top of list.

Trophy is so precise in entering and exit of corner it is unbelievable. Real joy to drive, and the extra pace you take into the corner means you can scare a couple of common faster cars.

Reaction score
Yeah i meant all renault's fast cars. I was looking for a mint 5 turbo when i decided it was more sensible to buy the 172. Still would love to have one in the garage but not as a daily drive.

Reaction score
5 GT Turbo then a 172 and onto the Trophy, and I've also have had regular access to a Williams for the past three years. The Trophy is my genuinely my favorite by some margin, would love another 5, but I don't have the time or the patience to keep one in top shape.

The Trophy has been a great car to own, dependable, comfortable and most importantly an absolute riot to drive!