Reaction score
Re accuracy of speedo: if you activate the pit lane limiter... the speed at which you activate it is accurately shown in the electronic read-out... it correlates perfectly with the GPS...

O.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
comparing the Trophy to my other ex cars i'd say it's not all that stable over 110mph - combination of poor drag co-efficient, narrow track, weight and twitchy steering all have their say in that.

It'll cruise at 100 ok, but the engine note gets on my tits at that speed - needs a longer 6th gear imo for high speeds.

G

That's right, although mine was still 2mph off my GPS. Must be down to the amount of tread on the tyres. My cruise control didn't go any faster than 123mph.

Reaction score
I've also hit 140mph+ on the speedo in my Trophy.

I believe the law is that a speedo can be out by no more than +10% at 100mph but not any lower.

It drives me crazy the amount of people who drive around today at 26mph (GPS) because they are keeping the speedo dial dead on 30mph.

Reaction score
My GPS reads very close to the speedo. At 70mph on the speedo my GPS reads about 68.5

It's still no more than 3-4mph out by 90mph. I reckon they're actually pretty close on the Clio. Unlike my old C2 VTS which was massively out and even that wasn't as bad as a hired transit a few months back. Was reading 45mph on the clock in a 30 and I had a huge traffic jam behind me. Put my GPS on when I got home and took it for another run, 45mph on the speedo worked out at 26 on the GPS!!!!

Reaction score
i have seen 135 on long stretch on way to Wales - was still increasing slowly when had to slow down, reckon lookin at 140 tops on speedo

Reaction score
David87 said:
That's right, although mine was still 2mph off my GPS. Must be down to the amount of tread on the tyres. My cruise control didn't go any faster than 123mph.

Haha I thought I was the only person daft enough to take the Cruise Control as far as it would (curiosity more than anything) :lol:

Think they all must go to 123 - mine was the same

Well played David :)

Reaction score
i did the cruise control trick too! Another moment of curiosity! lol!

And who needs a top speed of more than 100 for B road blasting! Thats what our little cars are designed for! They arent about a top end spanking on motorway against others.

Day

Reaction score
Your gearbox will only allow 138mph...

Anything over this is usually pure fiction.

We tested Audrey's cruise control in Belgium - 123 mph lol

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Day said:
Your gearbox will only allow 138mph...

Anything over this is usually pure fiction.

We tested Audrey's cruise control in Belgium - 123 mph lol

at some point in it's life it's getting a new gearbox then, one with a long 6th i think!

G

DaveTrophy said:
David87 said:

Haha I thought I was the only person daft enough to take the Cruise Control as far as it would (curiosity more than anything) :lol:

Think they all must go to 123 - mine was the same

Well played David :)

Awesome! :mrgreen:

Reaction score
It's not so bad if you remember to not bother with fifth gear until you're over 120. As said though, it's not the 182's forte, acceleration is all about power/weight until you start fighting the air, top speed is all about power and Cd (gear ratios are also important), so a car with 145bhp ATW and the Cd of a barn isn't going to break any land speed records. The 182 is geared perfectly to run out of steam where it's maximum power can't push any more air aside, as an example, the 197 has an extra 15bhp (apparently), better Cd but it's lower gearing, even with an extra ratio, means it's top speed is significantly lower.

The Trophy had no trouble mixing it with the turbo-diesel populated Autoroutes of France but when driving over the ton, I was very surprised at having to pull over for a Mercedes M series (monster truck) towing a trailer! The 911 GT2 on the back gave some indication to the driver's obvious speed craving but did look odd at it was facing me and accelerating away at over 130mph - It seems even a backwards Porsche can embarrass a little Clio!

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
brave man that puts a 911 GT2 on a trailer then does 130 when towing..... even with a big heavy lump of car at the front that's dangerous - trailer tyres are normally only rated to sub 80 mph speeds..

Reaction score
Yeh, the guy was a loon, it was a busy autoroute too, and the French like to change lanes with little or no notice. If he had to brake hard I dread to think what would happen, stopping distance of a mile or so.

Holiday was fantastic thanks Luke, no Orbisoud factory, see FOR SALE post! Albi was my favourite city - stunning.

Reaction score
120mph.

Havent really done that fast on the m-way.

I think the quickest I have been in respect to my surrondings is 110 in a 60.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Jamie_Williams3 said:
120mph.

Havent really done that fast on the m-way.

I think the quickest I have been in respect to my surrondings is 110 in a 60.

in North Wales that's brave lol :lol:

Reaction score
Moved house since i set this account up, and still havent changed it in almost a year!