BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
It looks good but you need to make sure those bolts on the bootfloor are up to the job! I don't think they were designed to support such weight but I may be wrong.

They are bolted through the same thread as the back seatbelts were originally, they should be up to the job. Although in a head on crash that 1 bolt will be taking most of the strain but its a similar story with standard belts.
Its not as if I can stress test the thread as that would render it useless.

:)

Reaction score
Alrite Ben, Are yours bolt in or clip in 3 point harnesses?

Cheers mate

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Sabelt 3 Point Bolt In Harnesses. You have PM.

Reaction score
BenG how are you getting on with the harnesses? I've got a spare brand new set of Sabelt 4 point silver ones 'same colour as the Trophy ones' which I could put in.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Very good. :D

They do have their flaws i.e Reversing can become a pain, as does parking as I can't see over my shoulder, I cant reach the glove box, I have to unbuckle myself when going through the drive-through as I cant reach for my change, or food at the next window :wink:.

Day to day I dont have a problem with them but I can see why some people would disagree, with them being restrictive.

They give the Trophy more of a race car feel when pushing on and they hold me in alot more especially under heavy braking, they do not hold me in at the sides very well as the Trophy Recaro's do not have the slits in the sides for the harnesses to slot into like on other racing seats but the Recaro's in the Trophy dont do a bad job a holding me anyways, im only small.
For passengers they are a real bonus as it stops them from flying about, the only downside is if a different passenger gets in the belts all need adjusting again. My mum thinks they are cool which is slightly worrying and my Dad refuses to wear them as he feels to restricted so he is now banned.

As I have removed the back seats and carpeted the rear I now have a massive boot and I have the perfect excuse for not carrying people in the back.

All in all im very pleased :D .

Ben