Reaction score
Looks spot on mate 8)

Does it feel a positive change too?

I find the OEM item a bit clunky use wise

Reaction score
So whats the toughts on the new gearknob Mat? It looks real good, just wondering how it felt - if you found the change more positive or the throw a little shorter?

It looks to sit a lot lower/shorter than the OEM - does it feel almost out of reach at all? Hard to describe what i mean but i always felt if i went from driving another car (example BMW or Mini) that the 182 that the gearknob sometimes felt a little too far away/out of reach, just wondered if the new gearknob may have heightened this feeling?

Reaction score
I'm getting on very well with the new gear knob at first I did think it was a little to small but then compared to the old renault knob anything would. I very soon got used to it and it now feels just right!

It does sit slightly lower than the original and as such does make it feel a little more direct, no problems with reach.

So all in all a nice little mod for the price, especially as my original had started to peal and look tatty.

Day

Reaction score
Alloy is the future (and the past) !

Do they do one without the gear indication engraved on the top

Reaction score
The fact that you have to completely destroy the old knob has put me off. No easy swap when it comes to sell the car, and I remembered using one in the winter a while ago, not good!

Looks very nice though 7MAT. What next?

Reaction score
7MAT said:
Steve Gunnis said:
What next?

Modified inlets, roll cage, harnesses and spare set of wheels with soft track tyres ........

Haven't you already modified the inlets? Or are you talking about a new manifold? Why not go for throttle bodies?

It's going to be a proper track warrior by the time you're done with it.

Reaction score
Steve Gunnis said:
7MAT said:
[quote="Steve Gunnis":ipa1lqcu]What next?

Modified inlets, roll cage, harnesses and spare set of wheels with soft track tyres ........

Haven't you already modified the inlets? Or are you talking about a new manifold? Why not go for throttle bodies?

It's going to be a proper track warrior by the time you're done with it.[/quote:ipa1lqcu]

I did buy a 2nd hand set of AWT inlets but never got them fitted, in the end I flogged them on ebay. But have just bought another set direct from Craig at APD (there's a big waiting list with AWT). With a bit of luck I should get them in time for Mark Fish to fit them when I go and see him at the end of this month as I need another set of Brembo's and M1177's.

Should be quite interesting to see the results of the inlets as the week after I'm at Surrey Rolling Road for a power run.

Reaction score
Steve Gunnis said:
7MAT said:
[quote="Steve Gunnis":29saltwp]What next?

Why not go for throttle bodies?

[/quote:29saltwp]
Believe me I have though about it but as I need the car for commuting to work I think I will keep engine mods fairly simple as I think the noise of throttle bodies would do my head in on a daily basis.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
7MAT said:
Actually thinking about it next is going to be some professional race tuition as I've still got a lot to learn.

it'll make the difference to both your enjoyment and your speed.... after you've done it you'll understand what i'm talking about :)

Reaction score
Cue said:
7MAT said:
Actually thinking about it next is going to be some professional race tuition as I've still got a lot to learn.

it'll make the difference to both your enjoyment and your speed.... after you've done it you'll understand what i'm talking about :)

I've booked 20 mins tuition a couple of time now at different track days and you are so right it does make a big difference to the days enjoyment, speed and smoothness!

Thinking about booking a full day and have been recommended Eugene O'Brien.

Are there any others worth talking to?

Reaction score
I race and I know Eugene personally, (and I use him too) Pm me if you want

Reaction score
I can personally recommend Andrew Walsh at Cadence Driver Training. He does everything from activity days (cheap) to 4:1 tuition (medium) to One to One (how much!!!) Lol. Depends on how much money you've got and how much you have to learn. :lol: