Reaction score
Anyone any idea how the gearknob comes off, does it simply unscrew?

Ive never really liked the clios plastic gearknob and fancy swapping it for a nice leather momo one or something similar. With it being a lift up reverse the choice of suitable gearknobs is a bit limited - anyone changed theirs?

Reaction score
Asim has an aluminuim gear knob, looked really cool, I would never have considered changing the gear knob until I saw it, it deserves a better one that that nasty cheap plastic rubbish that it's got, only difference to the 1.2 Clio is the micron of silver spray painted plasic on top.

Reaction score
I've been thinking about changing mine as the paint is starting to rub off.

rb_Slant_Gear_liftrev.JPG

rb_slant6speed.JPG

Available here;
http://www.speeding.co.uk/acatalog/Car_ ... s_320.html

Reaction score
Ummm, I quite like those, now, whether to get the silver one to match the cheap plastic bits in the interior or the titanium one to match the wheels.

Reaction score
7MAT said:
I'm thinking about getting the satin silver finish.

So does the original just pull off?

iirc on my previous Clio i ended up getting brutal with a hacksaw to get the old one off..... however that was a different design gearknob. perhaps with a bitof persuasion the Trophy will come off without such drastic action!! :roll:

Reaction score
Steve Gunnis said:
Ummm, I quite like those, now, whether to get the silver one to match the cheap plastic bits in the interior or the titanium one to match the wheels.

Snap :lol:

They do look smart

Reaction score
Do they do a short shift kit for the 182? I used to have one on my old school mini and it was fantastic, even if reverse was a bitch to find.

Reaction score
Stuart said:
Do they do a short shift kit for the 182? I used to have one on my old school mini and it was fantastic, even if reverse was a bitch to find.

Did it occasionally disconnect too?

I think I'm going to get the silver one, how does the old one come off? Sticky tape knowing Renault.

Reaction score
It didn't disconnect, but many a time i'd have to plan where i wanted to park etc. so i could just drive straight out. It shortened the gate though and was fantastic to drive.

Reaction score
If you want to remove the gearknob all you have to do is get a pair of
big fat gripper things(f*cking large pliers)...Grab the gearknob and twist it off...
good old renault have only glued them on so its just a case of twisting and pulling it off.

Reaction score
DaveG said:
If you want to remove the gearknob all you have to do is get a pair of
big fat gripper things(f*cking large pliers)...Grab the gearknob and twist it off...
good old renault have only glued them on so its just a case of twisting and pulling it off.

very true. u'll wanna try large crocodile grips that have got a large opening to grip the f**ker and twist, like uve never twisted in ure life.

Reaction score
only problem using mole grips is you have to put a lot of pressure on the actual gear stick which is not good for the linkage below - best bet is hack saw it off then you have no chance of snapping anything yuou shouldnt

Day

Reaction score
I'd love a non aluminum one this time of year *sigh*

It's almost too much pain to change gear at -3 !!!

Reaction score
I went ahead and ordered one of the Richbrook metal slant gear knobs and it arrived this morning. Took about 20 mins to fit as I had to hacksaw the original knob to get it off and then hoover up all the mess.

KNOB1.jpg
KNOB4.jpg
KNOB3.jpg
KNOB2.jpg