Reaction score
Has anyone had the 172/182 Inlet manifold / GDI ECU / Cam Package from gdi?
Think it looks quite good 1500 quid for 200bhp and 180 torque, i spent about £800 on ecu, exhaust and induction for my old 182 and probably didnt get near 180 torque, maybe 157 torque but nowhere near 180.

http://www.greydevilindustries.com/prod ... .asp?id=26
Sure u have all see this like.

Cant see anyone getting any more out of their trophy without sticking throttle bodies or a turbo conversion on.

If i come into a bit cash soon i think i could be tempted but not sure if i would rather leave the trophy standard.

Also has anyone put Brembo disks and calipers on their trophy? How much cash we talking?

Nice to dream, i will probably never do it unless i win that 95 million on the euro millions on friday.

Reaction score
my friend is actually booked in for this and a service too at the end of Feb and im going up with him! I too am a little sceptical about the results, but lots of people who have had it doen do come back with them sort of figures!

I'll sniff around for faulty rr'd results :lol:

my trophy and his 172 cup are dead level in the straights atm so i'll tell ya what I think when its done!

Reaction score
Matt - Is your friend having before & after RR on the same rollers whilst having the work done?

Would be the most honest way of gauging the performance increase.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i had my inlets done but wouldn't say it's had them results.... i'm very sceptical.

Brembo callipers won't fit under 15" wheels, so bear this in mind... 15" wheels are cheap for track days.....

I've got brembo max disks, a distinct improvement on the oem ones.

Reaction score
Better with Cat Cams #2421 which will need Omex to run it. That 1500 quid job's power claim is optomistic to say the least.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
If I was thinking about this kind of mods I would go to Angelworks rather than GDI, Ben really seems to know his stuff.

Reaction score
apparently gdi don't have a rolling road so I doubt it will be rr'd before and after, although he is booked into the CS rr day in March!

as I said tho, my car and his car atm are dead level, nothing between them so as with anything, power figures are not important, its how fast it feels, where in the revs its fast, how it drives etc...

If he pulls away from me with ease then we know its done some good and can then check his rr results in march!

oh and if he does beat my trophy, i'll just embarress him in the megabusa :lol:

Reaction score
Matt X2C said:
apparently gdi don't have a rolling road so I doubt it will be rr'd before and after, although he is booked into the CS rr day in March!

I'd be inclined to have it run on the nearest RR before & after :wink:

Reaction score
Asim was'nt exactly chuffed with his cams ect from Ben. Neither was I having to wait 6 months for him to send me my inlets.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Eindringling said:
Asim was'nt exactly chuffed with his cams ect from Ben. Neither was I having to wait 6 months for him to send me my inlets.

I thought Asim only had the inlets done, he was thinking about the cams but didn't have them done..... I may be wrong but i'm 90% sure he just have the inlets matched.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
He did have Cams, remember the pics of his car with all the front gone.

Ok Eindringling so neither GDI and A/W are providing all the answers at the moment, what are your thoughts.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i can understand why he was a bit miffed then with the results, having said that it was just an off the shelf remap, should have gone for a live one......

I'm going to be sorting out a 24k service and live map session at RS tuning in the not too distant future (another 1k off yet).

I'll post up a specific thread on here and CS to gauge interest for anyone who wants to do similar. A few expressed interest pre xmas.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Eindringling said:
The answers are there, it just takes a lot of wedge lol.

Agressive cams, decat and bodies are not really the answer for a car that also needs to be used day to day.....................

Reaction score
True. but the 2421 cams and Omex could be a happy medium. There will always be downsides to tuning F4R and any other mill.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Heard a little about the omex, there was a thread on CS but the slanging got so bad i could make no sense of it by the end. Can you expand a little more on this please.

Reaction score
Cams with hot profiles change the valve lift, timing, ect. Your Trophy's ecu can't handle this but the Omex can. It will allow accurate live mapping for maximum power increase and to partly overcome the bad characteristics that wild cams bring, erratic idle ect.

A bonus will be the use of cable throttle on your new set up.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Eindringling said:
A bonus will be the use of cable throttle on your new set up.

I'm not very good on different cams and need to learn much more and made an educated guess about the rest, this i didn't realise.