Reaction score
Nik is right.

Having just moved from a full fat 182 to the trophy and im missing the xenon headlights and the slightly better speakers but once i take it on some b-roads all is forgotten. Although i may do something about the stero/speakers.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
jezza l said:
Although i may do something about the stero/speakers.

I ripped out the rear speakers in mine this weekend. They are useless and the plastic trim round them just vibrates and distorts as soon as it attempts anything with bass in it.

I extended the wires to the boot and connected them to a new parcel shelf fitted with a couple of alpine 6x9's in it brought from another member. Sound is much better, better bass without resorting to subs and the like and no plastic trim to rattle.

Oh, and I can easily remove the whole shelf to save all important weight for trackdays too! :p :p

Reaction score
oh u got that speaker problem aswell. it drives me nuts. just in my ear aswell so it really gets on my tits. iv punched it so many times.

Reaction score
Oh, and I can easily remove the whole shelf to save all important weight for trackdays too!

...and put the seats down, so you can hear the exhaust better too!

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
eugegall said:
oh u got that speaker problem aswell. it drives me nuts. just in my ear aswell so it really gets on my tits. iv punched it so many times.

Yeah, best thing I found was to adjust the fader to the front speakers more, so at least you can have a bit more volume before the distortion starts.

Reaction score
Speakers!!!!, just turn off the radio and listen to the engine and exhaust rumble and roar. o.k and the odd rattle.

Reaction score
weird , after the expeirence i had when i got the cup new, i have to say im so impressed with the build quality of my trophy what an improvement =D>

only had a prob with the alarm thats fixed now and not a rattle from inside atall trully amazing by renault standards ...

only hope i aint spoke to soon as ive only done 250 miles :p

Reaction score
the rear of my car is looking a little empty. No rear seats or parcel shelf. Sure it's pointless as i save little weight but with the way the front seats are there is no way any of my mates could get in the back. So i thought id take them out! Can defo hear the exhaust much better than i could on my full fat.

I may upgrade the door speakers but then i'd need to upgrade the headunit which means i lose my stalk controls until they bring out an adapter.