Reaction score
iv had it a week. its nothing special as far as im concerned and there is nothing but problems with it. rattles from GLOVEBOX,REAR SPEAKER,HEATSHIELD,DRIVER DOOR AND FRONT DASH and to add to it all my passenger electric window has stoped working and its open.once a renault always a renault. i thought this would be diffrent. but its all still thrown together. sorry guys.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Sorry to hear that mate

I suspect the annoying problems are taking the shine off the driving experience. Take it back to Renault and dont rest until they've fixed all the problems! :(

hyb

Reaction score
You'll lose a chunk of money if you do. You gotta 3 year warrany with it, might as well use it. Take it back ,get it all sorted, not gonna cost you anything but your time. Might enjoy the car after its all sorted

Reaction score
thats bad to hear but im sure ur dealer will rectify all problems to your satisfaction ur end as i had to get two new rear brake calipers on mine after i drove it out of the door..but saying that i think its smashing little car..for the money..its never gonna be in marques territory but for the cost etc i thnk its smashing wee car ..my other car tvr is a f..ing nightmare but i wont get started on that in here

issues
1. i have with clio are rear tacky clio1.0 seats !! horrible
2.indicator noise from relay box.. buggs crap outta me
3 window opening/clisong button can never get window where i want it damm thing goes done like monika !!

other than tat for £13k smashing wee car

rodger :D

Reaction score
I agree about the rear seats, but other than the seats in back ive got no problems at all. Makes a change my 106 Gti was in the dealers more than it was on the road. no end of problems with my peugeot. Love my Clio.

You must of got a Friday car.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yeah I have to say mine is much better built than my 172 was. Apart from a couple of intermittent rattles it feels quite well built :shock:

Reaction score
LOL, you think your Trophy rattles, you should have a drive in my Williams. :p

IMO the more rattles the better. And if you can hear the passenger or radio when driving fast, it isnt a proper car. :wink:

Reaction score
Yeah my g'friends Williams is well rattly (as was my old 5 Turbo), but in a 12 year old Renault you expect it and it is part of the ownership, on a brand new Trophy it is just really disheartening, especially when you have just shelled out the best part of £15k!

The rattles had driven me so mad by 50 miles of driving from the dealership that I resorted the punching the various panels! :evil:

Still now I have accepted that it is just another Renault, and the drive more than makes up for the build quality :D

Reaction score
Ive never been bothered by rattles. My exhaust rattles on the heat shield, but i dont really get effected by it. If you pay 12k for a car expect rattles.

Reaction score
I have to agree rattles dont bother me, recently scrapped a H reg pug I had from new and that use to rattle like mad, just get used to it.

Reaction score
My full fat has the odd rattles, as others have said they don't bother me either, in fact i dont really notice them. It's only when a passenger says where is that rattle coming from that i take notice.

Reaction score
All adds to the character guys!

My valver has plenty of character! :D

Reaction score
Mine has got 2 really annoying rattles! One from behind the Instrument panel which is a clicking sound and the other is a buzzing noise from the Glove box! It's off to the dealer to have them sorted next Thursday. Said it was a dash off job! :? Bit concerned that taking the dash off will only cause more rattles!

Any thoughts???

Reaction score
ok iv decided to take back everything iv said over this. i love it. feels great and looks even better, had a good bash in it this weekend .very nice. and so whatt if it hass a couple of rattles. obviously they wil be sorted but still very good car

Reaction score
Glad to hear it! :D You gonna go back to the dealers to sort all the rattles, or you just learn to live with them?

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Thats good to hear mate! :D

I think nearly every Renaultsport owner has moments like this at some point.

Maybe you havent been able to get out in the car much or have spent most of the time stuck in traffic, and driving round busy urban streets. Your clutch foot starts to ache, the steering feels heavy, you begin to notice a new rattle that wasn't there before....... You start to wonder what's so special about this cheap french shopping trolley you are sat in. :(

Then you find a nice open road where you get the chance to strech its legs and suddenly you are reminded exactly why you bought the car. Woohoo! The grin factor is quickly restored! :mrgreen:

Its a Clio adventure :lol:

Reaction score
We have to remeber that Renault put all of the development into the engineering underneath (having neglected the driving position) - I personally don't care that the rest of it is made out of paper mache and masking tape, because driving it is such a hoot!! :D If it is seriously annoying you though, the dealer will have to put it right.