Reaction score
well.... the car has sold and hasn't been given away for stupid money... sincerely hope that the new owner gets plenty of enjoyment out of her.... he's already a forum user so i'm sure he'll be along in good time :D

Reaction score
get them to insure the car before a test drive this way

A: if you crash it your safe
b: its legal
c: it proves the buyer wants to buy the car.

I am going to sell mine soon but no one is going to test drive it unless they hand over 10k first and prove its insured.

Reaction score
I got offered £8,200 p/x at Renault Manchester, the sales guy said that he'd put it straight on sale for £10k, i just laughed in his face...

Mine has 15k mileage on it (no. 275)

Does anyone know a rough private sales price estimate?

Cheers.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Stan said:
I got offered £8,200 p/x at Renault Manchester, the sales guy said that he'd put it straight on sale for £10k, i just laughed in his face...

Mine has 15k mileage on it (no. 275)

Does anyone know a rough private sales price estimate?

Cheers.

£10,500, possibly even an extra £250 on that as it's #274's next of kin lol...... that's extra special ;)

Reaction score
you wont get 10500 anymore, the market is dead and full of time wasters, you may get 9500 to 9700 :(

Reaction score
I'll keep mine till warranty runs out rather than give it away, for what is the handling bargain of the decade.

Still fetching good money near me, ( low mileage ones always will) probably too many too close down south.

Too many owners for whatever reason buying then selling within months to finance weddings & houses ( these events are normally planned months if not years in advance) etc etc don't help.

On RS a lad bought a R26 & had to sell within weeks, WTF is it with the younger generation. If you can't afford it don't buy it & i'm not talking about just finance.

I've been watching the ads in recent weeks, not many of the cars are ideal, most need servicing, taxing, tyres etc etc. So when they come to sell they are never going to achive a decent price cause buyer will automatically deduct all cost before making offers.

Reaction score
Kids today eh? I did have mine for well over a year, I could feasibly afford it but I wanted to clear some overdraft debt before buying my first property and I felt if I hung onto it any longer I would never want to sell it and there are loads of great cars out there that I want to try. The trouble with buying good cars is though, you never want to see them go.

You've got to stretch yourself when you're young otherwise before you know it you'll have five kids and will have missed the boat. Let's face it, middle aged men in boy's cars just look a bit sad, I still have more respect for them than ones that drive diesel Passats though.

If I'm not driving an F40 before I'm 40 then I will see my life as a failure. Why did I fall in love with the only car from the 80's that's worth more now than when it was new? :cry:

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Steve said:
Kids today eh? I did have mine for well over a year, I could feasibly afford it but I wanted to clear some overdraft debt before buying my first property and I felt if I hung onto it any longer I would never want to sell it and there are loads of great cars out there that I want to try. The trouble with buying good cars is though, you never want to see them go.

You've got to stretch yourself when you're young otherwise before you know it you'll have five kids and will have missed the boat. Let's face it, middle aged men in boy's cars just look a bit sad, I still have more respect for them than ones that drive diesel Passats though.

If I'm not driving an F40 before I'm 40 then I will see my life as a failure. Why did I fall in love with the only car from the 80's that's worth more now than when it was new? :cry:

Lol, i've gone from the F40 to the Caparo...... I'd quite happily settle for one of them :)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Steve said:
Let's face it, middle aged men in boy's cars just look a bit sad, I still have more respect for them than ones that drive diesel Passats though.

Gee, thanks Steve. I'm glad I kept quiet about 1.8 turbo zimmer.

hyb

Reaction score
It always comes down to what someone is prepared to pay for it, not what you think it's worth. If you can afford to hold on and wait for a better price then do it, but you may find if you decline an offer you can be waiting for weeks/months afterwards to sell it, in which case it's just getting older and losing more money over time.

Reaction score
I have the fortune of owning my Trophy outright without finance - Joys of a money wise grandma who put lots of investments aside when i was born. I would hope not to ever have to get rid of it as i love it so much at the moment!

Lets hope in 20 years time that a Trophy is going to be worth more than it was new! lol!