Reaction score
Trophy No.
no worries

Its good to know that its a common thing like you say - cant imagine the exhausts lasting long on the people who do short journeys though! and theres 2 of them to replace (swear)

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
matt the cat said:
cant imagine the exhausts lasting long

Clio exhausts dont generally last long anyway to be honest. If it hasn't dropped off or developed a seriously annoying rattle / vibration after 18 months you're doing well.

Mines already started to get an abnormally loud spot at around 4000rpm. Thats how the one on my 172 started on its way to the infamous 4k rattle.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
mine too. its weird really, can be doing dead on 4k and really quiet (well, for a clio) then about 4100 it changes key and becomes boomy! is that normal?

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Sounds like is exactly the same as mine then. I dont think its necessarily a problem, i just think thats the point where it resonates. The problem starts when the baffles in the center section of the exhause start to go like they do on the 172. Then the resonating becomes a really annoying buzz.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
already taken it to dealers and they are gonna replace the centre section. thing is, if its a characteristic of the engine where resonance occurs at that given rpm then how long is the new one gonna last?!

thing is i like my cars looking standard and didnt really wanna have to put an aftermarket exhaust on it, never mind pay for one. Grrrrrrrr can you buy say a stainless steel centre section seperate or do you have to have the full system?

cheers

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the information/ re-assurance (and the cross-check to the Cliosport guys.
Look's like there's only positives by giving it full beans when it's warmed up.

I'm going to have to convince 'er indoors to nail it everytime she borrows it to go shopping. I'd better tell her about the over-rev light as well.
cheers
SILKMAN

Reaction score
this exhaust haze is getting me a bit worried ,today i was out for a fairlly long run and on the way home i managed to get some open road to put the foot down a bit , but as soon as i hit 5krpm i get the haze but its not actually haze as it clouds up and my back window is covered in water also if i hold it it seems to get worse and i get a sort of rattlin noise , mmmm very concerned about this surelly this is not right?????

ive read this thread through but i still think there is something wrong here , where does all the water come from ? could see the point if i had stood and filled the exhaust with water or summit but this is not the case ...

a trip the my friendly renault main dealer i think to highlight my concerns regds this :(

Reaction score
Catas Trophy, do you garage your car at night?

When I left my car out on the driveway the other night I noticed that I got exhaust haze clouding up the rear screen on my drive to work.

When garaged I just don't seem to get the problem.

7MAT

Reaction score
Catas Trophy, do you garage your car at night?

When I left my car out on the driveway the other night I noticed that I got exhaust haze clouding up the rear screen on my drive to work.

When garaged I just don't seem to get the problem.

7MAT

Reaction score
no m8 its not garaged , i think its more than that , when the car is warmed and driving normal below 5k rpm i get no haze after that its like ive went through a carwash summits defo not right :cry:

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
mine does it n'all. Thought it may be a mix including oil. Not sure if i need to worry about this yet.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
no, i've never actually looked at the older ones. quiet interesting really.

Blame Nik and his competition! lol

Reaction score
I know... I have seen quite afew interesting old ones too.. but you're ruining the order of all the old threads!! Now I have no idea which threads I have opened and which ones I have not!! :(

:p

O.