Reaction score
Has anyone used these on there trophy?

Did it mark the paint or spoiler?

I have not used one for years. Last time I took my bikes on hols I hired an estate car.

Reaction score
I wouldn't fancy the weight resting in the spoiler. I've not used one but did think recently if it was possible to fit one safely to the clio.

Reaction score
I have discussed this at some length.. It seems that realistically, the only viable method is to use a roof rack. However, personally, I refuse to do so and therefore I purchased a bike bag which just squeezes inside the Trophy with the rear seats down. Infact, I can get two in, but barely anything else... The answer is to use someone else's car I think..!!

Reaction score
if you did this to a trophy i would have to beat u to death with your own shoes........

Reaction score
I'll post some pics once I have done it......

Only kidding cant risk it after the shoes threat.

I could do it on my wifes 182 FF instead the rear spoiler on that is tiny.

Reaction score
Bike bag.. You know it makes sense!! I have come to the conclusion that Bike carriers on the back of cars are bad news, no matter what... There's no way they can do the paintwork any good at all.. Although if anyone knows of a good one that won't scuff the paintwork, do speak now. (Not for my Trophy but maybe for the gf's car.. ) :wink:

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
OK, im gonna put my head above the parapet.
I use a bike rack on the back of the trophy :shock: . I go mountain biking about 3 times a week. I did think about removing the back seats and just putting it in the back but didnt want to get the interior s*** up! (+there is the chance of knocking the bike on the paintwork when putting it in). It doesnt mark the paintwork and it fits perfectly. ive put extra padding over the straps for extra protection.
Roof bars were an option but f*k putting holes in the roof for them.
I saw a 182 the other day with roof bars on....looked pretty gay !

Reaction score
I just settled for putting mine in the boot. I bought a big ground sheet to cover the boot/seats, and use a strap from the metal loop in the boot and around the frame to stop the bike moving and damaging the derailleur. If I take the groundsheet out carefully it doesn't mess the boot up, then I just need a couple of squirts of Autoglym Odour eliminator.

Reaction score
As previous... BIKE BAG!!! Put it inside, keeps the mud within the bag, no scratches, perfect fit, no problems..!!! Chain Reaction do a great bag and it's sensibly priced.. I'm off to the Lakes the week after next, wahey!

What tyres do you guys run? I normally run panaracer trailblasters.. unsure whether to get a new set or perhaps some panaracer firexc's..

Reaction score
They do look pretty good, certainly better than putting the bike on the roof. I run PE 2's :D

As for tyres whatever came on the bike, Think thye're maxxis ones.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Im using Maxxis Ignitors.

I replaced them with the crappy Specialized fast trax Pro that came on it!
like all tyres it depends on what type of trail your riding. the ignitors are an all around tyre, most trials in the lakes cover all different types of terrain so thought id give them a try. No problems so far, im also running tubeless.

quik5i1ver - Where abouts up the lakes you going or do you not know yet?

Reaction score
LOL @ Berty and the PE2's.. Am thinking about another set of Panaracers - they're relatively light, don't wear too quickly, are good to ride and they look ace on my bike, with their red rings.

Ben, I'm going to be starting at Coniston, staying a couple of days and then heading up towards Glenridding where we're planning to sail as well as cycle.. Sadly won't have the Trophy - big red defender will be a mode of transport for the week but it's masses of fun, just in a totally different way!!! :D

I've actually got a selection of our biking routes plotted on google earth if you're interested or can give suggestions/feedback..

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Im going up Glenridding soon to ride Helvellyn!
Ive rode most Trails around coniston as its only 20 mins from my house. Ive got a big book of trails around the lakes which im currently working my way through. I also plot out the routes on multi-map, print them off and take em with me.
Do any of your routes around Coniston consist of ridin up 'Walna Scar'. It has an extremely good Downhill section at the end, approx 2 miles of fast technical descent. Brilliant. Hell of a climb tho.
hey, Keep look out for my trophy while your there, im up coniston quite a bit.

Reaction score
Keep an eye out for the Landy pictured... A Distant relation of the Trophy...!!

BestFriends2.jpg

BestFriends.jpg

Reaction score
Hahaha! :lol: :lol: I wish we could put the Trophy in the back.. It would be a quieter journey cocooned inside it.. even with added sound deadening, the landy is seriously noisy!