Reaction score
g40steve said:
Well coming from owning a trophy for 2 yrs+ the 197 Cup i have now is more than a match for the trophy.

Standard no mods or sticky tyres all i can say is 'wow'.

The brakes are what the trophy needed from day day one, more feel & masses more stopping power that is endless, with no fade.

The extra width stance & track also has the effect of removing the twitchyness i used to experience with my trophy. (anyone who i have taken for a test drive in the trophy will vouch for this :lol: )

Yes it is heavier but compared to Silverstone last year in the 'modded' trophy not far behind. Once i sort the tyres it should be more than a match.

The gearbox, chassis & brakes are what makes this car.

The memories of the trophy are fantastic but time moves on & so does technology.

For me this car is the replacemant i have been looking for for the last yr, dismissed at first after 20 min test drive. But after 45 mins at RS trackday i knew this was what i was looking for.

Prepares for the flaming #-o

No flaming from me as I like the 197 or 200 for that matter.
The Trophy is very good but for me the downside is getting 2 kids into the back when I have to use my car instead of the wife's Golf.

The 197 is just that little bit bigger ah well horses for courses.

Let the flames ignite.......

Reaction score
Trophy No.
No flaming from me, I'm sure its a very capable car its just that I've seen more attractive bags of sick.

Reaction score
if i had to have a newer generation clio it would probably be the 197 cup, as for the 200 and new megane no chance...how much lighter is the cup compared to a FF 197 steve?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
g40steve said:
hoolio said:
No flaming from me, I'm sure its a very capable car its just that I've seen more attractive bags of sick.

When you going to 'pop your cherry' & get out on track & see what your car is really capable of :D

All the 'pub' talk has to end sooner or later [-X

What pin talk? Ill always be happier on country roads I've always thought that on track my more competitive side would get the better of me and I'd quickly run out of talent. But I suppose I wouldn't feel as upset bending a 197. ;- )

Reaction score
son of solo said:
not great for clio vaules having another new shape coming out...the alien green looks slightly interesting...with black wheels and no side graphics....although i cant help thinking the colour options are a direct response to the new focus rs paintwork, especially the green.
1st thing i would do would be to remove the clio badge from the tailgate, its way too cluttered back there with the new tailpipes on show too.

From what I understand Renault are pitching for a lower market share which would indicate that they will not be providing such large discounts on new cars to force the market (less daily rental and nearly new etc), this will leave a respectable gap between each incarnation. Isn't that better for everyone?

I'm sure that there will be a facelift car sooner or later, there's always a honeymoon period to max the old model before they become a problem. The CT will always be good news.

Reaction score
Rexina182 said:
The Clio 200 in Alien Green looks like a 1993 Polo.....
Also available on the vauxhall tigra as I saw today and I must say that it looked totally horrific...!!