Reaction score
Nope, just the next iteration of the current version of the RS Clio :wink:
That said, I really like it and in Cup form looks a more viable Trophy replacement than the current Cup :D

Reaction score
ravydavygravy said:
http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/roadcars/clio200/

Is this the new trophy?

D'oh was just about to post a link to this!

Looks very nice I wonder what price they will be at?

Reaction score
Personally, on the grounds of the pictures, I think it looks hideous from the front. The back however, looks quite tasty...

Clearly it would have to be pretty impressive to replace the humble T... :wink:

Reaction score
not great for clio vaules having another new shape comming out...
the alien green looks slightly interesting...with black wheels and no side graphics....although i cant help thinking the colour options are a direct response to the new focus rs paintwork, especially the green.
1st thing i would do would be to remove the clio badge from the tailgate, its way too cluttered back there with the new tailpipes on show too.

Attachments

• imagegallery05106x59_Gallery.jpg
    imagegallery05106x59_Gallery.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 722
Reaction score
Trophy No.
shiftspark said:
If it does come with a genuine 200bhp rather than the usual Renault minus 20 bhp :shock: I fancy one

Fat Chance.

Reaction score
It looks like a marketing exercise to me imo and still looks poo.

I don't believe Renault will make a car as good as the Trophy with this chassis maybe not even ever again under the Clio name.

Reaction score
quik5i1ver said:
Personally, on the grounds of the pictures, I think it looks hideous from the front. The back however, looks quite tasty...

Clearly it would have to be pretty impressive to replace the humble T... :wink:

I'm the opposite way around, I quite like the front but I prefer the current rear end.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Its just a slightly revised version of the 197 Cup. Has the small changes made much of a difference ?? Looks doubtful but I guess well find out sooner or later...

No where near as special as the trophy imo...

Unless the small changes has made much of a difference it seems pointless to me.

I think if they are going to revise the 197 Cup they should do what they did with the Megane R26R, instead of what looks like pointless changes...

Reaction score
looks like there is a Megane 250 as well in the new line up...
I did get briefly excited after reading about the new clio 200 untill the new evo poped up and i read the new Focus RS write up...IMO if only the clio had maybe 30 more horses to off set the gained weight...

Attachments

• a9ea5f1165864458b9c937d2e1f4a786.jpg
    a9ea5f1165864458b9c937d2e1f4a786.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 24
Reaction score
Berty said:
I'm the opposite way around, I quite like the front but I prefer the current rear end.

Interesting. After I made the comment, I took another look just to reassure myself that I didn't like it :wink: Anyway, the side profile isn't so bad as the view from directly in front. It may well grow on me when I see it in the flesh- I wasn't especially impressed by the 197 when it first arrived but it's grown on me a great deal since..

BenG said:
..I think if they are going to revise the 197 Cup they should do what they did with the Megane R26R..

Agree - a 197.R would be a car to consider I think.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I wasn't especially impressed by the 197 when it first arrived but it's grown on me a great deal since..

Thats what I was like. I thought the 197's styling was a big step down from the MK2, but after a while it grew on me and now I dont think its too bad.
As for the new Clio 200 and Megane 250, My initial response is that they both look horrible ! I like them less than i did the 197 when it first came out so im not sure if the new shape will grow on me at all.

When the Clio Trophy came out I loved it from day 1. 3 years later I still loved it and I still love it today ,I have no plans of selling anytime soon. I think the right car should stand out to you from the beginning, not grow on you.

Reaction score
The Clio 200 in Alien Green looks like a 1993 Polo 1.4, which if I remember correctly was a car built by communists and farmers. Frankly, since I am getting older my next Renaultsport will be a Focus RS.

Reaction score
both look awful still renault havent created anything to surpass the trophy for an extra 5 or 6 grand i think id have a turbo conversion on the Trophy then you would have something to match the new ford rs, rather than pay for more weight, a worse car in general.. and an extra few horses under the bonnet of a terrible looking car.

Reaction score
Well coming from owning a trophy for 2 yrs+ the 197 Cup i have now is more than a match for the trophy.

Standard no mods or sticky tyres all i can say is 'wow'.

The brakes are what the trophy needed from day day one, more feel & masses more stopping power that is endless, with no fade.

The extra width stance & track also has the effect of removing the twitchyness i used to experience with my trophy. (anyone who i have taken for a test drive in the trophy will vouch for this :lol: )

Yes it is heavier but compared to Silverstone last year in the 'modded' trophy not far behind. Once i sort the tyres it should be more than a match.

The gearbox, chassis & brakes are what makes this car.

The memories of the trophy are fantastic but time moves on & so does technology.

For me this car is the replacemant i have been looking for for the last yr, dismissed at first after 20 min test drive. But after 45 mins at RS trackday i knew this was what i was looking for.

Prepares for the flaming #-o