Reaction score
Just done some last minute shopping in brighton and came back to the car to find a black scrape going all the way from the back of the passenger door to the rear wheel arch. No car to be seen, I'd parked as far away from everyone else as possible and still get some scumbag drive into me.

Not a single thing has touched the Trophy in a year of ownership (as of yesterday) and now it looks like I'm gonna have to get a respray.

Have tried polishing it out to no avail, I'm just hoping that some judicious use of T-Cut might work. The one saving grace is that nothing has been dented. I'll try and get some pics up and any advice on how to go about getting the marks out would be greatly appreciated.

Rubbish start to Christmas. (help)

Attachments

• pict0398.JPG
    pict0398.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 836
  • pict0399.JPG
    pict0399.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 835
  • pict0400.JPG
    pict0400.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 833
  • PICT0401.JPG
    PICT0401.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 833
  • PICT0402.JPG
    PICT0402.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 833
  • PICT0403.JPG
    PICT0403.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 833
Reaction score
Bloody hell, and in 2006 there will be note note with a name and number on it of course.

If there's no damage (and that will be at the extremities usually) I reckon that will all come off with some compound and maybe a mop and re-polish. Try a good valeter or friendly bodyshop. I know someone near my unit if you need someone with a light touch on a power polisher. Quite a good chance you will avoid any spraying from the pictures.

Reaction score
Arseholes. Once upon a time people used to have some respect for the property of others! Hope you manage to remove it mate...

I know they normally do jack s**t even if your house is being burgalled but has anyone ever tried calling the Police in such a situation? Surely it's classed as leaving the scene of an accident and/or failure to correctly produce insurance details when all these complete w***ers damage cars in car parks and then bugger off without even a note?!

Reaction score
It's really wound me up. I did go and check with the attendent as to whether there is any CCTV, but it's just a poxy little NCP in Brighton so no joy.

Going to have a proper look at it tomorrow, but might well have to take you up on your offer Steve. Are you based Littlehampton way?

Reaction score
No how you feel,
I have just had my trophy scraped by a mechanic at my local Renault dealer while doing the 12K service. They had to sparay the wing and under orange street lamp it is a totally different colour and looks terrible.
The dealer is currently in touch with Renault HQ to see what they can do. My car also had paint shield fitted and they have to pay for the paintshield agent to fly to NI to refit.
Make sure you check under orange light if you get a paint job before you pay but I would only get painted if all else fails.

Reaction score
gutted for you mate....i never use mine for the shops ...yep people may laugh when i'm squeezing shopping into the wifes mr2 but i dont care....i once had a CRX VTEC that was rubbed so hard in a car park it was pushed over the line one one side..twa*s !!

Reaction score
Don't forget to lodge a police report...

Gutted for you :(

O.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
looks like a strange one as it's not at a constant height so it would rule out bumper damage, looks like a kids pram or something.

I understand your frustration - if it were mine i'd swing for them if I saw it.

Feckers that drove into me are denying the accident occured now - how the feck would i get their insurance details if they didn't give them to me after the twat reversed into me???

I swear i'm going to buy a black dockers hat, big revolver and grow a handle bar tash and go on some vigilante mission!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Cue said:
looks like a strange one as it's not at a constant height so it would rule out bumper damage, looks like a kids pram or something.

Feckers that drove into me are denying the accident occured now - how the feck would i get their insurance details if they didn't give them to me after the **** reversed into me???

I swear i'm going to buy a black dockers hat, big revolver and grow a handle bar tash and go on some vigilante mission!

Did nobody else get the little accident kit from reno that i received, quite usefull really as it has a camera and details of what information to gather after an accident, stuff that you don't always remember when suffering from shock.

Reaction score
Gutted for you . do you know any one with a pc or have a look on www.detalingworld.co .uk lots of helpful in the know people on there they will know what to use . Good luck .

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
hoolio said:
Cue said:

Feckers that drove into me are denying the accident occured now - how the feck would i get their insurance details if they didn't give them to me after the **** reversed into me???

Did nobody else get the little accident kit from reno that i received, quite usefull really as it has a camera and details of what information to gather after an accident, stuff that you don't always remember when suffering from shock.

no, feckin reno.... I seem to be missing loads of little things like this.... that kit would be useful..

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Cue said:
hoolio said:
Cue said:

no, feckin reno.... I seem to be missing loads of little things like this.... that kit would be useful..

Ha Ha, think this is more down to the dilligence of the original dealer not reno, i got loads of stuff.