Reaction score
Piccies of my Janspeed are below:

IMG_2611-vi.jpg

IMG_2610-vi.jpg

IMG_2608-vi.jpg

Reaction score
That Janspeed looks really good, seems to fill the gaps just right.

I'm thinking about either an Orbisound or a Yozza one, can't decide at the mo :?

Reaction score
Lee G said:
That Janspeed looks really good, seems to fill the gaps just right.

Agreed! looks good. I might have to get another set of silvervisions for the rear indicators too.

Reaction score
IMHO the Janspeed looks the best out of all that I have seen... it really fills the space nicely and is perfectly slash-cut and when cold is completely in line with the rear spoiler.

I would however consider the Orbisoud on the basis that I've heard it sounds great (but have not personally heard it yet).

Cheers
O.

Reaction score
Ollie, how do you find the sound of the Janspeed? I know you've had it on your car for a little while now - do you feel the sounds has changed as you put more miles on it?

Am i right in saying its one back box sitting across the way instead of two seperate boxes sitiign longways?

With it being slash cut and sitting almost perfectly in line with the bumper do you think there may be a chance of the bumper becoming marked with exhaust gases, fumes etc?

Any chance of a sound clip? :)

Thanks

BC

Reaction score
bc_seventy_six said:
Ollie, how do you find the sound of the Janspeed? I know you've had it on your car for a little while now - do you feel the sounds has changed as you put more miles on it?

Am i right in saying its one back box sitting across the way instead of two seperate boxes sitiign longways?

With it being slash cut and sitting almost perfectly in line with the bumper do you think there may be a chance of the bumper becoming marked with exhaust gases, fumes etc?

Any chance of a sound clip? :)

Thanks

BC

I bought my unit second hand so the sound has not changed. Not loud, but just nice under load.

When it is warm it sticks about an inch out of the bumper so no issues re. marking.

It is a one box design for weight saving and simplicity.

No chance of a sound clip! Sorry no equipment/time etc :( I remember someone else on the forum with a Janspeed?

Cheers
O.

Reaction score
I love my Janspeed system especially now that I have also fitted a GDI de-cat pipe!

The de-cat changes the tone and makes it a tad louder - very nice!

Even with the de-cat there is absolutely no booming / cabin drone at motorway speeds.

I've also gone for a Superchips custom re-map from Sanspeed. The re-map has made a nice improvement and makes the best out of my mods (exhaust, de-cat & modified airbox).

Sanspeed charged me £349 which included 5 power runs on a rolling road.

Base power was measured at 144bhp, with the std Superchips software she made 155bhp. After a few more runs of tweeking the map she finally made 161bhp. All figures at the wheels.

I was also allowed to choose a new rev limit which was raised to 7800 - although I'm now under the impression its a bit on the high side.

Pics here http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b387/7MAT/TROPHY/

Attachments

• IMG_4681.JPG
    IMG_4681.JPG
    778.1 KB · Views: 6
Reaction score
17bhp at the wheels - Impressive gains indeed, that means you're putting out over 200bhp at the fly, making it a seriously quick machine, the Morego 202 has been tested as 5.9 secs to 60, so you're probably quicker than that.

Janspeed is very high on my exhaust list.

Reaction score
Steve Gunnis said:
17bhp at the wheels - Impressive gains indeed, that means you're putting out over 200bhp at the fly, making it a seriously quick machine, the Morego 202 has been tested as 5.9 secs to 60, so you're probably quicker than that.

Janspeed is very high on my exhaust list.

I’m not sure what the drive train losses are for the Clio, but at a guess I would say she’s producing a tad under 200bhp, maybe as much as 195bhp????

Anyway the figures are only important to show that there has been a nice increase, what was more important to me was how the car drives and I’m pleased to report that the performance increase was very noticeable on the road.

Reaction score
Where do I sign! :wink:

Matt, I noticed your mods in the garage section. That's an impressive gain. It shows that it's worth getting a custom map for your specific modifications I guess. Reasonable price too!

Reaction score
Having had the Janspeed for almost a week now, I can confirm that it is exactly what most people will be looking for (judging by their comments). By that I mean that it makes a great noise at all revs inc idle, but not too much at any point... It growls and let's people know you're there but never intrusively. On full chat, the sound is fantastic and makes you want to keep the windows down even in this abysmal weather we're having at the moment! Additionally, there is no cabin drone as has been said.

If you are more of a boy racer type who wants to rattle window panes, the Janspeed is definitely not for you. It will not win prizes in tunnel runs. However, if you want to modify your Trophy to get the best out of it in a less 'I AM HERE LOOK AT ME' fashion, then it's the system for you without question.

Mine is combined with an ITG Panel Filter which may help things further. I have noticed better throttle response and a loud sucking noise along with the sound of the exhaust roar during TWO (Throttle Wide Open). I assume that the exhaust sound will change slightly after a couple of thousand miles, but I doubt it will be a dramatic difference.

So, highly recommended from me! I decided there was need to spend silly money on an Orbisoud. It's a Clio after all - an amazing one at that! (tup)

Tom.

Reaction score
Another great review for the Janspeed! :D

Thanks.

Has anyone actually experienced the Orbisoud, or is it an urban myth? :?

Reaction score
Luke335 said:
Another great review for the Janspeed! :D

Thanks.

Has anyone actually experienced the Orbisoud, or is it an urban myth? :?
Asim has the Orbisoud, I've seen and heard it at TRAX, he has that along with an ITG Maxogen and a re-map - a dream set of engine mods. I didn't think it sounded too loud at all, even on the track.

Reaction score
Saw and heard asim's Orbisoud at the Brands trackday and it is an awesome bit of kit, but I must admit all these great reviews of the Janspeed are really tempting me! :twisted:

I would go for the sports cat as well, so I've got to keep on saving to buy either system! :roll:

Reaction score
Thanks guys,

Orbisoud or Janspeed then? :D

I think the Janspeed looks better. Orbisoud are only about 20 miles from me though and seem to be the 'most wanted'!

Either way I will replace the cat at the same time too. I think the orbisoud includes this so the prices should be similar I think.

Reaction score
If I lived 20 miles from the Orbisoud factory, I would definitely go for this, after all most of K-Tecs price for the system is in shipping as it's all one piece and a shocker to transport. But in my situation, a little further than 20 miles form the factory, the Janspeed is probably flavour of the month.

As asked before, any clips of the exhaust in action?

I've had a live demonstration of chiefbadgers blueflame system and it looked and sounded spot on.

Reaction score
Luke335 said:
Damn. Internet explorer crashes with these. Is it just me? :(

it worked fine with me, although took a little while to start playing.

there's also some good Trophy @ Brands vid's on there too :p