Reaction score
Anyone using a smaller redtop battery or similar in your road car how have you got on with it holding its charge etc

If you relocated it where too etc

Thanks

Reaction score
As far as i've looked into it the options on location would be 1. Keep in engine bay, 2. underneath passange seat, 3. Boot.

Icarus' blog: http://cliosupercup.blogspot.com/ some details of what he has done

No personal experience of running a smaller battery (yet :wink: ) interested in anyones experience also.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
sticking it under the seat wouldn't be an option on a road car as it would fail MOT's as it's illegal to have them in the populated cabin due to hazardous toxins. You can stick them in the boot but they do need to be in sealed boxes.

Reaction score
Cue said:
sticking it under the seat wouldn't be an option on a road car as it would fail MOT's as it's illegal to have them in the populated cabin due to hazardous toxins.

Didn't know that, although it hasn't stopped a few people doing it though with varley redtops though.

Reaction score
keith185 said:
Cue said:
sticking it under the seat wouldn't be an option on a road car as it would fail MOT's as it's illegal to have them in the populated cabin due to hazardous toxins.

Didn't know that, although it hasn't stopped a few people doing it though with varley redtops though.
Me neither just thought they had to be in a sealed box as in motorsport.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Sealed box yes, but getting a battery and box under the passenger seat isn't going to be easy. Ideally that's where you would situate it to offset the weight of the driver - albeit marginally.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Is it me or does it look like the passenger seat is higher than the drivers one ?

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yeah thats what I thought. So is the only reason for relocating the battery from the engine bay to save room for induction modifications.

Reaction score
BenG said:
Yeah thats what I thought. So is the only reason for relocating the battery from the engine bay to save room for induction modifications.

Yep, got a plan all will be revealed when I change to a different insurance company........

Reaction score
shiftspark said:
BenG said:

Yep, got a plan all will be revealed when I change to a different insurance company........

Wonder if it's a similar plan to mine?

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.

Is it the idea to have the air filter situated further away from the engine to reduce heat-soak. Like on the clio cup racers ?

Reaction score
BenG said:

Is it the idea to have the air filter situated further away from the engine to reduce heat-soak. Like on the clio cup racers ?
Yep and straiten out the inlet pipe so need to move the battery or fit a smaller one, hence the redtop questions.But thats only the beginning...

What about you keith185 saw you over on cs the other day

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yep and straiten out the inlet pipe so need to move the battery or fit a smaller one, hence the redtop questions.But thats only the beginning...

Very intrigued ! So which filter are you using ? (or is this top secret info :) )

Reaction score
BenG said:

Very intrigued ! So which filter are you using ? (or is this top secret info :) )
Maxogen if I can get one at the right price (and fit :wink: )

Reaction score
shiftspark said:
BenG said:

What about you keith185 saw you over on cs the other day

:D Just waiting patiently over there for news. :wink: