AST top mounts

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Ordered myself some of these today and just wanted to let everyone know........

Actually wanted to say that they are a pretty good price at the moment because of the exchange rate, if you are thinking about it get in quick and talk to AST UK

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
they look really good, i was thinking of getting some, i think have to ask for Trophy specific ones?

Phone AST uk and last for a set of Adjustable Solid top mounts for the trophy Sachs Dampers and that will see you alright.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
dont bother emailing them :p will try the phone next week :up:

Spoke to them yesterday on a different matter and he said they had been really busy. If you phone he will work out a price there and then on the current exchange rate, they come out a lot cheaper than the 365 plus vat on their site.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
does that include there lovely dampers too?

I guess you are talking about the better price because of the advantageous exchange rate against the euro? I don't see why not, give then call, at that price anything off has got to be a bonus.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Well I'd heard some real horror stories about AST, their customer service and completion dates but I thought that was all in the past. Unfortunately I have to report that what i thought initially was really good service has proved an illusion. All I have had for the last five weeks are broken promises, missed delivery dates, calls not returned, emails ignored and frankly nothing but a bunch of lies.

Do not buy from this company.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Well I'd heard some real horror stories about AST, their customer service and completion dates but I thought that was all in the past. Unfortunately I have to report that what i thought initially was really good service has proved an illusion. All I have had for the last five weeks are broken promises, missed delivery dates, calls not returned, emails ignored and frankly nothing but a bunch of lies.

Do not buy from this company.

Hopefully you've not handed over any money...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hopefully you've not handed over any money...

Oh, they took that straight away. Over a barrel spring to mind and it seems I am not alone. They are quite close and I'm pretty tempted to pay a visit.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Go down there and throw one of your old Compbrake top mounts through their window! :mad:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Go down there and throw one of your old Compbrake top mounts through their window! :mad:

Haha. Well I've been off this week, originally to get these fitted amongst other things, so the trip to see them has crossed my mind. The only thing that's stopped me is that being in a supply industry this kind of customer service gets me very angry very quickly and I suspect me throwing a wobbly at the front desk is not going to help.
Another email has gone unanswered today so going to think about escalating the matter.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
As mentioned earlier in the thread I also paid much less than marked price. Why would you have brought them from Kam when you went direct to AST as I did?? Anyway when I ordered I was told that the Trophy version needed extra machining but they were in stock and I would have then in a few days, I would have accepted it if they had also said they would have been four weeks.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
As mentioned earlier in the thread I also paid much less than marked price. Why would you have brought them from Kam when you went direct to AST as I did?? Anyway when I ordered I was told that the Trophy version needed extra machining but they were in stock and I would have then in a few days, I would have accepted it if they had also said they would have been four weeks.

What i meant by posting the KAM link is it might have been a lot quicker to buy them direct from KAM Racing rather than AST.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
What i meant by posting the KAM link is it might have been a lot quicker to buy them direct from KAM Racing rather than AST.

TBH I thought by going straight to AST it would be quicker, you live and learn. At least with the Sachs I will never be tempted to order any of their coil overs. Jesus if I handed over 2 or 3 grand and got treated like this my head would explode.