AST top mounts

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Well it will be EIGHT weeks and counting. Still zero communication, unanswered emails. Phone calls that clearly bear no relation to reality and are simply just bullshit. Time for the call a day, see if I can irritate them into action.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
That is bad !!

I spoke to someone 2 weeks ago about there AST suspension on there racing car and he said that he went direct to AST Netherlands and bought them direct from there and no money was handed over until the shocks where made and ready to be shipped.

AST - UK is bad and how the manage to keep going i have no idea.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Their Facebook page asks for reviews, fair enough I thought. Feel slightly better.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
holy where did you order yours from and what was the lead time.

There is a user who has PM'd me asking for information on the AST's and then afterwards sent another PM to say forget it as he has ordered them direct from AST Uk as they had a set of Trophy spec ones sitting on the shelf and he will get them delivered asap.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Guessing I've been done then? It was me Marc is referring to who phoned AST UK today to order a set of Trophy top mounts. Apparently one more set in stock now as they recently ordered some in? Ready for dispatch tomorrow so I paid over the phone.

AST seem like a big company and would think they were legit hence why I bought them. Got me worried now!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Think of an excuse and I've heard it, it seems. They may be in the post to you tomorrow but my experience tells me otherwise. After two months of trying to deal with this jerk I am beyond angry.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Can i ask who much you guys both paid for the top mounts ?
(Hoolio & Ash J)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
£306 and well over an hour farting around with emails etc.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Choose a number!! The fact is they have had my money for two months, the service has been appalling and he is clearly either lying to you or to me, there is no getting away from that. Unbelievable.

No, not had them yet.

Reaction score
Paid using your credit card? If so - tell them your goods have not arrived and that the retailer is refusing to refund you - they will look into it for you... or small claims court.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Mine just arrived (with a little surprise) so hopefully you will be fine Ash.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Mine just arrived (with a little surprise) so hopefully you will be fine Ash.

Maybe be you got the set that Ash was to get and now he has a 2 month wait

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Glad you got yours.

That would seem to make sense, as I remember him saying on the phone that only 1 pair left which I bought, as they ordered some in and he mentioned the fact that someone else had recently ordered some and were being sent out, which I guess were yours Hoolio.

So hopefully all will be fine but I don't hold much hope going on the fiasco with Hoolio's pair!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Any news? I actually phoned them first thing this morning card in hand to tear them a new one and ask for my money to be refunded. Got the answer phone, seems they were out in site and then they arrived half an hour later.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
These are listed for £305.00 on the AST Uk website so how ash got them for £270 ish is decent.

I bought mine around 3/4 years ago and paid £200 posted for them

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Remember that 305 does not include VAT so my 306 was pretty good but 270 is excellent.