Reaction score
My car is Capsicum BLACK at the moment and i'm feeling a little guilty about it after seeing all the sparkling trophies on the site.

Can anybody recommend any decent detailers in and around south east London/Kent/Essex areas?

Think i might get it sorted in the next few weeks!!!

Cheers in advance,

Karl.

Reaction score
Should be a fairly easy clean with a couple of buckets of soapy water as it was Supagarded before collection ;) Don't forget I get that FOC :)

This was black when it arrived too!

30004.jpg

Reaction score
I just had mine done by a friend that does detailing in Burnham, Essex. Although he is mobile.
I could certainly forward on his details if you'd like?

Reaction score
^^ agree, gave mine a good going over the other week and its full of road dirt again.

Reaction score
artdealer said:
I think I would wait 'til Spring to spend money on detailing? This weather and salt on roads would make it a waste of money... IMO of course!

Why Steve?
A winter prep is probably better than a detail in the summer imo mate.
A decent polish, seal & wax will protect the bodywork from all the winter salt & road grime.
If you have all the paint correction done now & the paint is protected, DIY maintenance (Home washing, hand polishing & waxing) should be more than enough to see you through the next 6-12mths.

Reaction score
Thanks Steve....Must admit that it is very easy to wash no matter how dirty it gets. It looks kind of cool in its current dirty state.

Think I'll give it a wash this morning. Just got some new Aeroblade wipers for it and dont want to put them on until its clean.

Space Monkey......PM me the details and I'll get the detailing done after the worst of the winter weather, grit, salt and slush! Obviously you can recommend your mates work.

Cheers All,

Karl.

Reaction score
quik5i1ver said:
Doesn't a detail defeat the object of the supaguard?? :?

Yes & no.
Personally I think a detail with well chosen products will achieve better results, but opinions are like bumholes, everybody has one :wink:

Reaction score
SpaceMonkey said:
quik5i1ver said:

Yes & no.
Personally I think a detail with well chosen products will achieve better results, but opinions are like bumholes, everybody has one :wink:

Hahahaha! Great analogy!

Reaction score
SpaceMonkey said:
quik5i1ver said:

Yes & no.

LOL

Supaguard is basically a sealant - no reason why you can't just add a wax over the top for looks.

But agree with SpaceMonkey in that a few well chosen products will achieve much nicer results.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Supaguard gets panned on a fairly regular basis on here, often i suspect with good reason, there are a lot of cowboys out there doing it, but i had it done before i picked up the car from new and it is a good product if it's applied well. having said that before xmas i took the plunge bought a whole lot of products from 7Mat and with three layers of wax over a sealant think the car looks much better and with the vile weather we had before xmas was almost cleaning itself.

P.S. remember a full detail will strip off any products already applied to the car, like mat said if you want a deeper gloss there's no reason why you shouldn't put wax ontop of the SG.

Reaction score
I must say that my Trophy always comes up well - it has been Permaguarded. I have never put it beside a detailed Trophy to compare, although I must concede that I would expect a well detailed car to look better, as you say. The one annoying thing about the Permaguard place is that they obviously didn't tape my plastics as I have white marks on some of the bumper inserts etc. They also didn't fully remove the swirl marks which I expected them to. When I go back this summer I shall be making sure they do a more thorough job! :roll: