Ajr

Reaction score
I hate the cup rear bench and want something a bit nicer looking.

I presume the 172 & 182 leather seats will fit straight in? Guess that as with most cars, the split/fold system has a bit that bolts to the car where the seats split, is there provision for all of this?

Which seats match the recaros best? 172 or 182?

Will probably get some doorcards too if possible.

Everyone seems to want so much money for full interiors, especially 182 ones :shock:

Anyone got pics of fat man rear seats in a trophy?

Danke

Reaction score
I've not done it but it's something I thought of doing if I could do it cheaply enough. Either that or take them out completely seen as they're folded flat half the time anyway.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I think the 182's half leather rear seats would look best in the trophy IMO, probably not that cheap mind and will weigh a bit more.
Ive taken my rear seats out coz im gonna fit a roll cage in the not so distant future.

Reaction score
new owner

hello lads and lasses..are there any lady owners?

anyway recent owner and cant added any more superlatives to whats already been mentioned about the trophy.

will admit, new to all this hot hatch fun and posting. i have been a regular visitor to the site and hoping for some kind replies!

would appreciate some words of advice on a couple of issues.

1.not sure what to call it, rubber/leather gator under gear stick, the plastic housing has broken and the local renault dealer want £36 for a new one, guess ill have to pay it, but is easy to replace?kinda looks fiddly with having to take gear knob off!

2.i would like to upgrade the brakes, maybe to brembo disks, where can i buy the disks from? any idea on what i would likely have to pay?

many thanks in advance for those with kind replies!!

apologies if this post has not created a new topic, i couldnt figure out how to create a new topic! oh wel im sure someone will point me in the right direction!

Reaction score
You don't remove the knob, turn the gaitor inside out & cut the tie wrap.

Reffit is the reverse.

Yozzasport for your brakes, just get the brembo hc's & ds2500 about £230 with the lines.

Ajr

Reaction score
I notice the horrible back seats every time i look at the car. Everything about a trophy is high spec, they fit lovely leather and alcantara recaros but then nasty cloth rear seats without headrests. I'll remove the isofix crap to even out the weight.

And it's a daily driver, i'm not fussed about a tiny bit of extra weight for some posher rear seats and door cards. I have a dedicated track car with full cage, fixed buckets, throttle bodies, quaife diff & r888s etc for driving like a lunatic.

Reaction score
Morning all,

Thought i'd bump this bad boy.

Changed my rear seats Sunday - think it really impoves the interior look (i'll get pics for anyone who want's em.)

Also weighed the two seat sets to see the difference, The standard ones are 1.32 Kg lighter than the half leather ones.

IMO - well worth the money.

Reaction score
will do as soon as i can find the camera cable - i'll try and do it at the weekend when it cheers up a bit!!

Reaction score
Re: new owner

midlandsowner said:
hello lads and lasses..are there any lady owners?

anyway recent owner and cant added any more superlatives to whats already been mentioned about the trophy.

will admit, new to all this hot hatch fun and posting. i have been a regular visitor to the site and hoping for some kind replies!

would appreciate some words of advice on a couple of issues.

1.not sure what to call it, rubber/leather gator under gear stick, the plastic housing has broken and the local renault dealer want £36 for a new one, guess ill have to pay it, but is easy to replace?kinda looks fiddly with having to take gear knob off!

2.i would like to upgrade the brakes, maybe to brembo disks, where can i buy the disks from? any idea on what i would likely have to pay?

many thanks in advance for those with kind replies!!

apologies if this post has not created a new topic, i couldnt figure out how to create a new topic! oh wel im sure someone will point me in the right direction!

Im lady owner!!!

Reaction score
i was thinking of removing the back seats, but only if its worth it, so need to know what the weight is of the back seat bench, and would this make a big difference on the car like with the handling and power to weight ratio

Ajr

Reaction score
Get pics up asap, i should be picking 172 doorcards and rear bench up in the next few weeks! Mmm leather and alcantara :D

You only live down the road too i think T5PHY? Seen you a few times in tonbridge, usually driving one of my other cars lol

Reaction score
Oh really, where abouts are you?

I'll get picks up @ the weekend - or you could just pop over if your not far away!

Reaction score
If your changing the rear seats, go for 172 rear seats. The leather/alcantara is a 90% match for the recaro fabric. The 182 seats have a darker alcantara with lighter perforations, doesn't match at all.