Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Trophy No.
"always warmed up before going over 2000rpm" now i won't go over 3000 but i tried this last night and it's well nigh impossible and so boring.

Reaction score
hoolio said:
"always warmed up before going over 2000rpm" now i won't go over 3000 but i tried this last night and it's well nigh impossible and so boring.

i thought that would be hard :lol:

i stick to 3k before its warm, but 2k you won't get anywhere. After cold-start doesn't it idol at over 1k for the forst minute or so? So surely it can't be driven under 2k for 5 minutes.

Reaction score
always think the harder you rev it the quicker it'll warm through that's why I always start the car with my foot to the floor spins right round to bounce off the limiter (7750RPM) the neighbours don't like it but I'm not very patient don't have to worry so much about the oil stuff warming up anyway because the guy in the garage said there was fuckall in it, so it'll warm up quicker anyway making funny noises lately though and a bit down on power so have to rev it harder oh well 2K! Wot! silly old fossil probably never gone above 30

WARNING SATIRE WARNING SATIRE

I felt I better explain this was tongue in cheek in case I get in any more trouble!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
HeHe, this guy is taking some big hits, funny if he's on here somewhere. :)

Reaction score
I feel i had to join this forum to say that some of you guys are bang out of order with the statements that you have came out with regarding my good friend. Some of you are wishing him dead because he has put a splitter and a set of wheels on HIS car, how can you justify that? How would you feel if that was your dad/friend? Is it against the law to enjoy fast cars when you are over 60?

Every thing on that advert is true, inc not going over 2k rpm until warm, and he has done that on all his previous high powered cars, inc the car i bought off him. The car is as good as new and there is not a mark on it, there is nothing wrong with it except its a Renault! He has seen the light now and is going for something better. Those of you that dont think he can drive, i would love to see you shaking with fear in the passenger seat with him driving, I wonder if anyone would SNIFF YOUR KNICKERS after that??

I am going to leave your forum now and go back on to more friendly ones, i also think the mods on here should do something about some of the members on this site.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
who wished him dead ffs? bit extreme that!

no one said anything about his age in relation to enjoying the car either!!!

Some people have expressed their opinions, are you saying they shouldn't? if so - wtf have you just done?

This is one of the friendliest car forums out there. You critisise people for making judgements based on limited facts - what have you just done... pot kettle black mate.

Most people have asked the question why he's put on the splitter and wheels, which i believe is a legitamate question..... It can't have been to improve the ride or handling so just cosmetics? if so why buy a Trophy? it's not a car you'd buy for cosmetic appeal!

I still go with my opinion that something doesn't sound right about the advert.

If he's soooo keen on driving it, why has he only covered 4k miles? unless it's short runs, if so, this harms the car as much as over revving while cold. Which to have enjoyed the car alot - he must have done as the evidence speaks for itself.

And My only question is... why fit an oil gauge when you don't put it on track and only intend to do 4k miles before shifting it? unless you didn't intend to get rid of it in that time scale... if so what's changed..... damaged? Doesn't like the car? (if so why spend money on it) always wanted a convertable? if so why buy the Trophy?

unless he's going for an S2000, boxster S or Z4 he's making a mistake if he wants performance and handling in a drop top!

:roll:

Reaction score
32evo said:
I feel i had to join this forum to say that some of you guys are bang out of order with the statements that you have came out with regarding my good friend. Some of you are wishing him dead because he has put a splitter and a set of wheels on HIS car, how can you justify that? How would you feel if that was your dad/friend? Is it against the law to enjoy fast cars when you are over 60?

Every thing on that advert is true, inc not going over 2k rpm until warm, and he has done that on all his previous high powered cars, inc the car i bought off him. The car is as good as new and there is not a mark on it, there is nothing wrong with it except its a Renault! He has seen the light now and is going for something better. Those of you that dont think he can drive, i would love to see you shaking with fear in the passenger seat with him driving, I wonder if anyone would SNIFF YOUR KNICKERS after that??

I am going to leave your forum now and go back on to more friendly ones, i also think the mods on here should do something about some of the members on this site.

I'm quite sure I'd shake with fear and brown my knickers at being driven hard at 1900rpm, are we not entitled to our opinions on a tastelessly ruined example of our beloved car? I was only being ridiculous when I said that he would be 'pushing up the daisies soon' as we have many older members on this site and they love the friendly banter as much as the younger ones that we refer to as 'sperm'. It is not against the law to enjoy fast cars at any age but should be to apply disgusting front splitters to them!

You are a silly man who obviously knows nothing about cars and have contradicted yourself by saying he does indeed drive it carefully and that we would be terrified of his driving! You have also undersold your friends/dads/grandads/lovers car by slagging it off and saying he's moving on to better things. Well let's hope he gets the most out of it and doesn't ruin that one also. Now bugger off.

Your friendly ClioTrophy Moderator.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Think Cue has said it all really, as for my own comment it was just a very purile joke about a number plate that gave me an uncomfortable feeling about the owner.

Reaction score
Steve said:
32evo said:

I'm quite sure I'd shake with fear and brown my knickers at being driven hard at 1900rpm, are we not entitled to our opinions on a tastelessly ruined example of our beloved car? I was only being ridiculous when I said that he would be 'pushing up the daisies soon' as we have many older members on this site and they love the friendly banter as much as the younger ones that we refer to as 'sperm'. It is not against the law to enjoy fast cars at any age but should be to apply disgusting front splitters to them!

You are a silly man who obviously knows nothing about cars and have contradicted yourself by saying he does indeed drive it carefully and that we would be terrified of his driving! You have also undersold your friends/dads/grandads/lovers car by slagging it off and saying he's moving on to better things. Well let's hope he gets the most out of it and doesn't ruin that one also. Now bugger off.

Your friendly ClioTrophy Moderator.

Knicker sniffer,early demise,pushing daisies up etc, yea really friendly forum. You dont even know the man.

He still as the unmarked original wheels/tyres, the gauge is more oil temp rather than pressure as like i say he warms the car up before giving it some revs. He tells me that the water temp gauge goes up to running temp very quickly, i am sure you guys would agree on that. This is why the oil gauge was fitted so it gives him a true reading. The car has never been on a track in its life,Its a genuine unmarked 4000 mile car that comes with all the genuine bits to make it as Renault intended and the build number is 435. Whats wrong with that?

hyb

Reaction score
I don't think it looks too bad as a clio, I actually quite like it. It's tastefully done, just against what the trophy is all about I guess, handling etc. Who knows, it may even handle better on 17's, anyone tried?

Reaction score
mod's can be reversed without going on all out personal attack against people.... admittedly i'm surpised by the age of the owner as i posted, but hey if i'm still able to drive and handle an old car when i'm at a coffin dodging age i'd be happy :D

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
32evo, you have misunderstood what we were saying....

The members of this forum have a very wide spread age and the vast majority are not in the 'max power' theme.

When they see a Trophy that's been cosmetically customised - the splitter and wheels are just that, i think it's legitimate to question why the owner would buy a Clio to spend money on... when it's performance enhancing/improving, i don't think you'd get many sarcastic comments, just plaudits.

I understand the gauge could hav been fitted for the temp reason, but if it takes 5 mins to warm up - why do you need the gauge, there's a clock on the dash board.

Either way, I know some of my mates think I was sad ditching my last car to buy the Trophy... they still do, some people are not motivated by what motivates me... that's their opinion.

If the guy selling this has taken offence, I for one appologiose, but i still maintain that the splitter is not to my taste and the wheels are questionable at best. The oil gauge is a good idea, I wish reno had fitted one as standard.

Good luck to him with the sale, I just hope the Trophy doesn't fall into a Chav's hands o be fitted with Jap style custom body kits etc..... Its a drivers car not a show piece.

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but P4 AWN does not say Prawn. It never has, and it never will. What the fuck is that about? And the number 4 doesn't look like R, it looks more like A.

That car is shocking, and why only drive 4,025 miles in the fucking thing? They're made to be driven, not sitting in some driveway.

It may look clean, but any car can look that good. (PM me for details :D) Just ask g40steve. ;)

Reaction score
YOU LOT AINT GOT A CLUE WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT, GIVE TO OLD BOY A BREAK, IT WASN'T TO LONG AGO HE WAS OUR AGE, YOUR TELLING ME YOUR NOT GONNA BE DRIVING AROUNG IN A NICE CAR LIKE THAT WHEN YOUR OLDER.

IV'E GOT A 182 CUP AND I EVEN RUNG HIM UP TO ASK HIM WHERE HE GOT HE'S FRONT SPLITTER FROM.

I now what your problem is, you spent all your money buying your car, now you aint got F--k all money left to make improvments.
Why do you all want your cars looking the same, you want it to be a one off, not drive what every one else has got.

All you lot are sad for dissing your elders, have abit of respect, if you aint got nothing sensable to say dont come on the forum.

(HE'S CAR IS SHIT HOT) :evil:

Reaction score
Bentley 182Cup said:
YOU LOT AINT GOT A CLUE WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT, GIVE TO OLD BOY A BREAK, IT WASN'T TO LONG AGO HE WAS OUR AGE, YOUR TELLING ME YOUR NOT GONNA BE DRIVING AROUNG IN A NICE CAR LIKE THAT WHEN YOUR OLDER.

IV'E GOT A 182 CUP AND I EVEN RUNG HIM UP TO ASK HIM WHERE HE GOT HE'S FRONT SPLITTER FROM.

I now what your problem is, you spent all your money buying your car, now you aint got F--k all money left to make improvments.
Why do you all want your cars looking the same, you want it to be a one off, not drive what every one else has got.

All you lot are sad for dissing your elders, have abit of respect, if you aint got nothing sensable to say dont come on the forum.

(HE'S CAR IS **** HOT)
:evil:

Most of us have spent money 'improving' our cars, more than the cost of a 50p splitter and 17" wheels, most of us have put more money in our car's fuel tanks than this man has on his 'mods'.

P.S. I felt it necessary to highlight your spelling and grammatical errors in red as I wasn't being constructive enough before apparently and some of us find that abuse of the English language more offensive than your idea of 'shit hot mods'.

Reaction score
Got to say guys this thread is more like something i'd expect on 'cliosport' rather than 'clio trophy' which is not such a good thing. I'm all for having a laugh on here but needlessly having a go at the owner seems a bit sad - its one thing commenting on the car and any mods as everyones going to have their own opinion but having a pop at the guy behind the wheel seems a bit much. You've got to think how you'd feel if you owned the car and logged on to this site and read this thread. I just hope when i'm that age i'm still lucky enough to be able to own and drive performance cars ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.