Wheel Spacers??

Reaction score
Having not gotten a response in this FB Trophy Group thread

I thought I'd ask here.

Is fitting spacers just a cosmetic thing or does anyone think they make a noticeable difference to the way the car handles?

Reaction score
For me it was a decision based on aesthetics, and I didn’t notice any discernible difference. Common thinking is that if you run wheel spacers on the rear (vs stub axle spacers) you put added strain on the rear wheel bearings.

Trophy wheels are ET45 (or 43, I never remember which,) and the Cup variant are ET38.5 so running those wheels instead is an alternative way of spacing out by 6.5mm.

IRK

Reaction score
Trophy No.
A bit of caution with spacers as I found out with mine - moving the tyres wider has the unwanted side effect of flinging road dirt and stones onto some of the lower parts of the body work. Might not be the case for everyone but it was one of the reasons that made me remove mine. Sadly can't comment on the handling aspect just yet as they were removed as the same time as the Sachs which aren't back on yet.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I swap between Trophy and Cup Turinis on mine (the different offsets) and not noticed any difference in handling whatsoever, on both track and road. Honestly, I'd only do it if you think it improves the aesthetics mate.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
As above - I've run offsets of ET38, ET43 and ET45 on mine - the rubber makes more of a difference. Never run spacers though - not seen the point.