Tyre choice

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I will happily be Guinea Pig for the Continental Premium Contact 7 when the time comes. A decade of tyre development has to count for something

Reaction score
Trophy No.
No complaints from them.

My fear in going for the Continentals would be the side walls turning out to be softer.

Just a pity we don't get some of the newer Michelin efforts in 16".

Reaction score
No complaints from them.

My fear in going for the Continentals would be the side walls turning out to be softer.

Just a pity we don't get some of the newer Michelin efforts in 16".

I did a Michelin online survey a few months back which then resulted in them setting up an online interview with me. One of my requests was for the newer Michelins in 16". Hoping this might result in us seeing some of the newer tyres.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I did a Michelin online survey a few months back which then resulted in them setting up an online interview with me. One of my requests was for the newer Michelins in 16". Hoping this might result in us seeing some of the newer tyres.
Let's hope so! Although I wonder how long it would take them to do it ...

Perhaps if I buy some PS3s now, by the time I need to replace them there might be some newer options.

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
A little note on tyres, having previously run Goodyear Asymmetric 2's on the T (a great looking and performing tyre in my experience on the Trophy) I have recently fitted PS3's, and as yet can feel no major discernible difference in their performance over the Goodyear on the road, in fact if anything I'd say the Goodyear was possibly capable of generating more grip. The Michelin's do feel a little smoother in the ride department, but I'd expect that with any fresh rubber versus rubber 5 years old and cracking between the tread blocks... I'll be interested to see how the PS3's feel after a few more miles on them.

It is a shame that Michelin don't do their later PS iterations in the 16" size, seems like an oversight to me. Or even Cup 2's, if they did those in 16" they'd be no question that's what I'd be fitting!