Two of the same number??

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Excuse the probably daft question……however, I’m looking at possibly buying a Trophy that’s been advertised local to me following two previous attempts (both owners changed their mind about selling!), It appears from the thread on the owners register here that there are two Trophies with the same number (177). Is this a thing and if so does it matter?
Any other tips on viewing/buying appreciated, I know about belts and history!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
yeah there seems to be two 177's, I looked at this car and decided against it. If I remember correctly it is Jethros car from Evo and Top Gear fame.
The guy I was talking too was from Carnatter as was pushing the car based on its notoriety, I didn't think it warranted any extra because of that and in fact was a bit scruffy and not presented well. He offered me the car for 9k and I wasn't interested.

its all on the register thread so you can check it out.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yeah its a strange one, suppose it doesn't really matter but depends how you feel about it.

Reaction score
It’s a pretty unique situation - Trophy twins! I wouldn’t discount buying one of them, so long as it has all the bits and the price reflects the condition, but some will view the non-unique number negatively so something to consider come re-sale time.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
#177 isn't the only doubled-up designation. I believe there may be one or two others as well (although I don't recall their numbers off the top of my head).