TrophyTracker Web Application

Reaction score
Trophy No.
TrophyTracker updated to v1.8.2

This is only a very minor update to the Stats page whereby per year seller/buyer listings can be toggled on/off under the "Seller Price Trends" and "Buyer Price Trends" respectively.

In the example below, the user has selected "2022" as the year and decided the view the known sale prices of various Trophys during that year. The Trophy number, date and mileage are presented along with the sale list price. The "Toggle Listings" button can be used to show or hide the list.

tt-1-8-2.png

Cheers,
Andy

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Apologies for the lack of updates recently - it's been a difficult time of late and I've simply not had the time or energy to put into it. I'm hoping to pick it up again in the coming months.

NickReilly063

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Very much appreciated all your efforts Andy - if you ever need any trade prices for the forum just let me know.

Values below are live figures from today and based on a 05 plate car. Values range from 30oooup-to 240ooo miles.

Top line is a retail figure and the Blue line is a trade price in average condition

256F0646-FA2F-489E-B4DA-F0751C130893.jpeg

Reaction score
Trophy No.
A great resource!, your efforts are appreciated👍

Thank you - your kind words are appreciated, too.

Very much appreciated all your efforts Andy - if you ever need any trade prices for the forum just let me know.

Values below are live figures from today and based on a 05 plate car. Values range from 30oooup-to 240ooo miles.

Top line is a retail figure and the Blue line is a trade price in average condition

View attachment 31838

Thank you, Nick - and thanks for the offer of help regarding trade prices too. Once I'm back up and running I may well give you a shout! All the best mate!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hi folks,

I just wanted to provide (a very brief) update on the state of TrophyTracker.

Work on TrophyTracker v2.0 is slowly happening in the background but, sadly, a change in priorities means I have very limited time to complete the re-design and development. I have the help of a good friend and fellow software engineer who is happy to work with me on it, but it might be a while before the new version goes live. There is a good amount of useful information that will migrate over from the current version of TrophyTracker and I have newer/fresher data that will supplement this eventually.

One of the aims of TTv2 will be to improve collaboration so that updates can easily be suggested and/or made. This may take the form of a small and trusted content team who have secure access to the data set (volunteer editors/authors effectively if and when they have time) and/or a "suggestion box" system where updates can be sent in and some (semi-)automated system designed to update the relevant areas of the data set.

Cheers,
Andy

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I know I've no doubt said this before, I find your TrophyTracker an excellent resource Andy. I'm always dipping in and out of it when looking at specifics for certain Trophy's. It's invaluable and is a credit to you. I'd like to extend my thanks to you on all the hard work you've put in, I'd certainly be up for helping out in some shape or form perhaps as part of the 'content team' you mention if you'd like me to, it would be a pleasure.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I know I've no doubt said this before, I find your TrophyTracker an excellent resource Andy. I'm always dipping in and out of it when looking at specifics for certain Trophy's. It's invaluable and is a credit to you. I'd like to extend my thanks to you on all the hard work you've put in, I'd certainly be up for helping out in some shape or form perhaps as part of the 'content team' you mention if you'd like me to, it would be a pleasure.

Thank you, Ed - that's incredibly kind and I'm genuinely thrilled that it has been useful!

I must admit that I never really imagined it would become as significant a project as it has become. It started out as a bit of a fun "homebrew" project in my spare time (I'm a software developer by trade) and, well, grew from there. It was (and still is) an enjoyable project to work on largely because there are no time or budget constraints, and I have total control over its design and implementation! :ROFLMAO:

That said, there is one major aspect that really annoys me. And that is the fact that it's very easy for data to become stale (or not being able to capture the latest pertinent Trophy-specific updates). That was, and is, always going to be a problem as the resource is only going to be as good/useful as the data it presents. Of course, this is a consequence of not having much time of late to provide and execute the updates in the backend system. As it is a locked-down system at present, I'm the only person who can actually get into the data and make those changes. And, again, a consequence of this is that I did not spend any additional time or effort in designing a nice and easy interface through which to make/commit updates. I simply log in to the backend database and work directly on the database (or a copy of it). Whilst not ideal, I am experienced enough and have the skillset that allows me to work at that bare metal level. Of course, this would not work on a system whereby additional (authenticated) contributors were being invited to provide updates and assistance in terms of keeping the data set fresh and current. In light of this, TTv2 will have a nice UI available through which approved contributors/volunteers can log in and update the data set (such as creating a new Trophy record, updating the status of a vehicle, and so forth).

Initial releases of TTv2 may seem somewhat stripped back in comparison to the current version (TTv1). Some features will be kept, some will be dropped. Obviously, the primary focus will be the search facility that allows a user to search for a Trophy by number, registration plate, or VIN number. This behaviour will be retained and extended; including the ability to search via tags for example. Perhaps even a general text search, too. I also quite like the stats/metrics page so this will eventually make a return in TTv2 as well, albeit in an improved format.

Whilst TTv1 was a very much thrown-together project whereby I didn't give the design and development process much thought, TTv2 will be a little more professional in terms of approach and execution! As mentioned elsewhere, I have a good friend and fellow software engineer working on this with me and between us, we have some 60 years of professional software development experience - from small homebrew projects to multi-billion pound contracts.

Ed, it would be an absolute pleasure to have you on the "content team". Of course, it's very much a voluntary role (as much as I would love to be able to pay folks to contribute!) There would be absolutely zero pressure on anyone who might be interested in being a contributing author/editor. If a contributor has a few minutes spare now and again to provide an update or two then great. if not, no problem at all; time is precious and often spent on far more important things.

I've already rambled on too much in this post so I'll leave it there. There's a fair way to go before the initial version of TTv2 drops, but the backend system is currently well into development and working well. It's now am atter of turning some attention towards the development of the frontend and the UI that greets the visitor when they visit the site (or, indeed, the UI that greets contributors when making updates to the data set!)

Cheers!