Trophy Sachs & Cooksport Rubbing

Reaction score
Hello,

I've finally completed my small project of fitting a 182 Liquid Yellow Clio with Trophy Sachs, Cooksport springs and Trophy seats.

However, upon right hand turns on a roundabout I get rubbing on the left wheel. I believe my wheels could be 172 turinis not 182 turinis.

I've played about with various spacers ranging from 5mm to clear the suspension to 10mm. After much trawling and research on the internet, the only thing I can find is that the bumpstops may be missing, but I thought the Sachs didn't have these as they are integrated.

Please help!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
The Sachs do have a rubber bumpstop as standard but this doesn’t sound like it’s what’s causing your issue ..

Reaction score
Can anyone link to a picture of this rubber bumpstop on the shock ? I'm going to try to go back to original springs to see if that's the cure.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
If you drop the car with the cooksports it will change the toe and camber angles quite a bit .. have you had the alignment checked ?

Reaction score
Brilliant, thank you. I don't think the bumpstops have been fitted. Are they the same part number and the OE cup ones?

I've read similar symptoms for the regular 182 cup after a suspension refit.

Reaction score
If you drop the car with the cooksports it will change the toe and camber angles quite a bit .. have you had the alignment checked ?

Yes alignment was done after suspension fitting. You're correct the alignment was 'horrific' after the suspension change.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Cup ones won’t fit as the damper shafts are thincker ..but proflex make one that does the job I’ve use for folks who don’t have the oem ones

Reaction score
This forum is amazing, very impressed with help from all. I've contacted Proflex.

Reaction score
172 turinis and 182 turinis are the same offset i believe of ET38.5 Trophy Turnini offset is ET45 if i remember correctly

also could you drop me a message as i i am wanting to do the same thing to my LY 182

Reaction score
I've sent them an email, and unfortunately had no reply as yet