Trophy Recommission

NickReilly063

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
You and Me sound the same Francis on both counts - never again and I can’t do a thing mechanically.

Hope you are well Sir

Reaction score
At least you have a good group of lads who you can trust to do a proper job on the car Nick ;)

Thats another thing that you have to deal with when restoring/working on a car...
finding someone you can trust and hope they will do a good job.

Bodyshops/Painters especially, bloody nightmare, most of them are only interested in doing
insurance jobs.
Quick jobs in and out.

Jesus I never thought I was this moaney!! :rolleyes::oops::ROFLMAO:
Dont mind me, I've just gotten another big bill for the 205 so that probably doesn't help
my whole outlook on restoring cars.

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
At least you have a good group of lads who you can trust to do a proper job on the car Nick ;)

Thats another thing that you have to deal with when restoring/working on a car...
finding someone you can trust and hope they will do a good job.

Bodyshops/Painters especially, bloody nightmare, most of them are only interested in doing
insurance jobs.
Quick jobs in and out.

Jesus I never thought I was this moaney!! :rolleyes::oops::ROFLMAO:
Dont mind me, I've just gotten another big bill for the 205 so that probably doesn't help
my whole outlook on restoring cars.

I can completely agree about bodyshops/painters, I've yet to find one to do things to the required standard, and I'm not even talking concours, just comparable with factory finish. There does seem to be a big emphasis on speed and turnaround in that particular part of the industry which inevitably means shortcuts are taken, some of which only often come to light for the customer a few years down the line.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Not to appear completely down on their trade but bodyshops do appear to
be very hit and miss alright.

I've asked people I would trust about recommending bodyshops, some have been
as described while others have done a half arsed job.
It just seems you get either a decent/good result or a bad one, depending on their mood
which I have found to be very fickle and hit and miss.

But I've no doubt there are some very good painters/bodyshops out there, but then
you will have to wait a long time to get your car in the door usually, as a result.

But even finding somewhere that is interested in working on restoration type jobs,
is becoming less and less as time goes on, unfortunately.

Right I think that is all of my ranting over for the day!!