Trophy market dried up?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
After following many sales recently and seeing the auction posts on here, after an eBay sale last night, I can't see any for sale anywhere!

Having just had #189 restored throughout and investing in a full bodywork tidy up and respray, can only see the prices rise over the next few years.

The question is, what sort of price will they be pitched at going forwards and who will be the next to consider selling?

I for one have no intention of ever selling mine, just interested as I cannot remember a time when the market had so many selling strong, and then nothing.

MC1

Reaction score
Possibly mad rush to sell before lockdown 2? Coming up to winter plus car market very good after lockdown 1....maybe the sales will continue through into 2021 without a winter break.

Reaction score
#151 will be for sale in the new year.
New company car will be arriving in April.
Would be a shame to tuck the trophy away with the V6 & not let someone else get pleasure out of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Mine too will likely be coming up for sale, I'm going out on my own and the trophy will sadly cover the start up costs ?

Only on 49k

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I can see them climbing from next year - min of £10k until the govt. end production of fuel burning cars - that may affect prices at that point.

Reactions: MC1

MC1

Reaction score
Might be worth holding on for now [emoji6]

Reaction score
The market will never dry up with the Trophy. There is never a time when there isn’t one for sale. People buy them, get giddy about them for a while then a lot look for something a bit more practical, there’s very few that are peoples main car. Owners circumstances and aspirations change so the cars do turn over quite regularly

Reactions: MC1
Reaction score
Mine too will likely be coming up for sale, I'm going out on my own and the trophy will sadly cover the start up costs ?

Only on 49k

Mine will be staying put and the lupo gti I recently bought will have to make way. Trophy is just that bit more special and only going one way in both becoming more rare and more valuable.

Reaction score
I think there's often a few kicking around that are simply overpriced and don't sell. So the numbers available have looked good but for badly priced cars. The good ones are the right prices just go instantly.

182 are going up in prices by the looks of it for the better examples.

The problems going forward is going to be as more and more parts start disappearing. Not just the "trophy" parts but the awkward bits like chasing abs sensors, drive shafts. all solvable I'm sure for a price. That might start affecting the price rise or owner appetite to keep them running.