Trophy #31 for sale

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Up for sale is my Renaultsport Clio 182 Trophy, number 31 out of 500.

In summary, #31 is in excellent condition and both looks stunning and drives perfectly just like a Trophy should. The car is completely standard except for the exhaust system which is a Scorpion stainless steel system. The car was first registered on 30th June 2005 and has covered 94,500 miles. It has been maintained to a very high standard, benefitting from a full service history and having also received preventative maintenance in a number of key areas. Some key points are as follows:

• 10 stamps in the service book for regular servicing, plus 2 stamps for the replacements of belts (last done in August 2014) and 2 stamps for coolant replacement (last done in August 2017).

• The spark plugs and all four fuel injectors were replaced in January 2018 using genuine Renault parts.

• Michelin Pilot Sport 3 tyres all round, in very good condition. The rear tyres are almost brand new.

• The front Sachs dampers were refurbished by BG Motorsport in August 2013 and remain in perfect working condition as of today. New (genuine Renault) Trophy specific suspension springs and new top mounts were also fitted at this time. Combined with new (genuine Renault) front suspension arms and track rod ends in 2016, and front anti-roll bar bushes in 2017, the car handles very well indeed and feels very tight.

• The car has had new brake calipers and hand brake cables which make the brakes feel like new; corroded caliper sliders are becoming common now on cars that still have the original calipers.

• The car will come with a pair of brand new rear Sachs dampers (unfitted spare parts) for whenever the rear dampers need replacing – which they do not at the current time.

• Working air conditioning, working cruise control, no electrical faults. Everything works perfectly as it should.
As well as the fantastic mechanical condition of the car, the interior is also immaculate. The rear seats look like they have barely been used, and the front seats are in great condition too; unmarked with no rips or tears. The steering wheel has been refurbished / retrimmed by “snappy” and is like new.

The bodywork / exterior is also in good condition and the car looks really good. The paint is original as far as I’m aware and as such is not completely immaculate, but it is very good and the minor defects do not detract from the car in my opinion. You have to look closely to notice any minor defects, and it would not take much work to make the bodywork immaculate. There is no rust. The car also features a “press fleet style” private number plate which is a nice touch.

I have owned this car as a weekend / 2nd car, it has been kept in my garage when not being driven, and under my ownership has only been driven on dry days. It is with much regret that I have decided to offer this car for sale, however since having a 2nd child earlier this year, I have found that my requirements have changed and that a slightly larger car would better suit my current needs.

The asking price is £6950 which I feel is competitive given the condition and maintenance history - hopefully others will agree and any feedback is welcome!

IMG_0867.JPG IMG_0868.JPG IMG_0872.JPG IMG_0874.JPG IMG_0876.JPG IMG_0877.JPG IMG_0879.JPG IMG_0881.JPG IMG_0882.JPG IMG_0884.JPG

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Trophy #31 is now sold (pending the MOT) to someone who saw the advert and lives locally to me, and will hopefully introduce himself soon to this great community.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all the great people on this forum who I have encountered during the last year, and I will keep in touch to see what everyone is up to with these great cars.

Simon

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Looks a cracker. May I ask how much you got for it? Given the asking price and selling so quickly I'd assume it's a good indication of values still being on a nice upwards trend.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I have purchased #31 as it was local, fair price, excellent seller and with good history and very tidy.

Have lurked here and approached other cars for sale as a genuine buyer and this was too good an opportunity on my doorstep.

Subject to MOT and Simon will drop it over next week.

To those I have also contacted I trust you will sell but were just too far away for me to get too at the moment.

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Good case of
Nice car on paper, well written with good photos advert, motivated seller, motivated local buyer.

Whatever anyone thinks for the advertised price or the final price. I think the above has helped the sale.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Dablk put it very well, but to be honest the proximity to me did help as I whizzed over Sunday and did the deal in an hour :)

Advert well written followed by good communication from a motivated seller to a motivated buyer for a good car at a fair price in current market.

Looking forward to collection, albeit will be straight off on holiday for a week so will wait to properly introduce it and earn a star ???