The Late Brake Show Barn find 6th October 24

GPH

Reaction score
Good to see the unearthing of a Trophy even if it was only briefly for a minute as the main car was a Peugeot 106 Rallye!
at 9 minutes in.
17,000 miles the guy said.

Attachments

• barn find1.jpg
    barn find1.jpg
    870.3 KB · Views: 13
  • barn find.jpg
    barn find.jpg
    1,023.9 KB · Views: 13
Reaction score
I just watched the video, the owner (Gordon) said the Trophy hasn't moved since 2014 !

Can't understand why he has these nice French hot hatches sitting (+slowly rotting) for years in a fairly dirty farm barn. Seems a shame especially surrounded by great country roads.

sj2112

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
I just watched the video, the owner (Gordon) said the Trophy hasn't moved since 2014 !

Can't understand why he has these nice French hot hatches sitting (+slowly rotting) for years in a fairly dirty farm barn. Seems a shame especially surrounded by great country roads.

Gonna cost a fortune to restore that trophy sadly, as you say keep them moving even a few miles a month.

W4KES

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Surely at 16 k miles it’s got to worth 20 k plus as it is ?

Even if it does need recommissioning, that’s a very low Mike example.

sj2112

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Surely at 16 k miles it’s got to worth 20 k plus as it is ?

Even if it does need recommissioning, that’s a very low Mike example.

Nick would know better than most, so would be intrigued as to what he thinks

But the fact it's not moved for nearly ten years, and not been stored in the best conditions, could be a can of worms.

If you bought it for £20k you could sink 5-10k I don't think it's worth £30k after?

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Nick would know better than most, so would be intrigued as to what he thinks

But the fact it's not moved for nearly ten years, and not been stored in the best conditions, could be a can of worms.

If you bought it for £20k you could sink 5-10k I don't think it's worth £30k after?
Agreed. These things (and most others to be fair) start to eat money once you start restoring / recommissioning them. Depends how far you want to go I suppose but once you start, generally the urge for near perfection becomes strong, and that takes some good effort and plenty of £££'s.

NickReilly063

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I think a Road Trip would be needed first so that we could gauge how bad it is - just throwing an old sheet over it for 9 years in a farmers barn isn't classed as storage in my view - in 2014/15 the value was not that great so not as much care was needed and who would ever think things like rear brake pipes would become obsolete - that's before we start on the Sach's.

But like Ed has said above how far do you go when you start ??? - My view would be to get it looking like a Museum piece.

In my case I could just swap most things over from my own car however is that cheating a little -

But at the moment though I'm still recovering from PSTD (No63) which my Doctor said could take year's 🤣 🤣 🤞 🤞

Last edited:
Reaction score
Finally got watching this one from Jonny,really enjoyed it.

Gordon certainly has a pretty decent treasure trove of some great French hits,hiding in there.

Like as sometimes happens,it seems like life just took priority for him.
Be great to see the cars started up and moving again though,Trophy included.

Jonny's mechanic buddy would be around there like a shot,for the little Rallye 😁

Reaction score
Looking at the shed,it seems to be pretty dry and doesn't look to be damp.

I think theres no pixie dust being used here,its the genuine,time gathered variety 😉😂

The interior looked really good as well from what I saw,and from experience,it doesn't take a lot to make them all mouldy etc. if it's been kept in not the best conditions.