Sachs Damper Inner Tube.

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hi all,

I'm just currently having a set of Sachs dampers refurbished at BG Motorsport and on one of the ones I've sent it turns out there are some strange marks on the inner tube which the shaft goes in internally.

These parts are now NLA from Sachs themselves but I was just wondering if anyone might have one knocking about. Here's hoping!

Cheers!

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Can the marks be polished out, or a new tube made?

BG has spoken to Sachs and they have suggested polishing the marks out which BG are willing to do, however an inner tube in good condition would be preferable I think.

I had also been considering the possibilities of having a new tube made... it doesn't look a particularly complex part really.

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
BenG did a break down of the remote reservoir a few years ago which is also quite interesting, worth a search. 🙂
I had a look and found it, I'm actually quite surprised at how simple they are! I had certainly expected more complexity.

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
BenG did a break down of the remote reservoir a few years ago which is also quite interesting, worth a search. 🙂
I had a look and found it, I'm actually quite surprised at how simple they are! I had certainly expected more complexity.

Ajracer

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hope you get this sorted ed.
I think we all need to take on board what is happening here.
I now feel lucky to come away with a new reservoir and a shaft to get my set back to working order.
Servicing the Sachs every few years is one thing but when you send them to BG and even they can no longer source the required parts to rebuild them it’s a worry.
The collectors and purists won’t touch a car without them so it’s no wonder owners box them up and run cup dampers.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I now feel lucky to come away with a new reservoir and a shaft to get my set back to working order.
Servicing the Sachs every few years is one thing but when you send them to BG and even they can no longer source the required parts to rebuild them it’s a worry.
The collectors and purists won’t touch a car without them so it’s no wonder owners box them up and run cup dampers.

My thoughts as well. I am lucky enough to have a few sets and was thinking of unloading a pretty battered pair, might rethink that.

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Cheers. It's certainly a worry. The Sachs are such a defining element of the car, in what it is and how it drives, it's going to be a sad situation if such parts scarcity makes the cars undrivable as designed and intended and puts them solely into the realm of the storage facility and carcoon brigade.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Cheers. It's certainly a worry. The Sachs are such a defining element of the car, in what it is and how it drives, it's going to be a sad situation if such parts scarcity makes the cars undrivable as designed and intended and puts them solely into the realm of the storage facility and carcoon brigade.
Ed I’ve messaged you with an idea.