Replacement red bonnet for Clio 182

Reaction score
A respirated is too much money and was wondering if anyone had or knew of a replacement bonnet for sale?

Cheers

Mat

Reaction score
Get any colour and get it sprayed, new ones are not that costly, you will never get a 2nd hand one to match

Spoke to a bodywork place that said to get a respirated match they’d need to do the whole front of the car and remove the original decals etc.

Costly and annoying.

Reaction score
I wonder if you would notice any difference even if the colour doesn't 100% match on a bonnet. The only painted adjacent parts are the top of the wings and on such a small area any difference in tint would be barely noticable and even more so due to the gap between the two parts and the different angles. I have a mondial blue bonnet (172 Cup) on my artic blue (182) and noone ever noticed it was a different hue... Is your paint this much faded that you worry new paint will not match the rest of the car?

Reaction score
The trophy rolled out the factory in 3 shades of red, add 10+ years to that, and a 2nd hand will never match, and remove what decals lol.. There is non on the front

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Could you PM me with price and postage options please, as mine is stone chipped and may consider new rather than repaint. Given it is Mat's thread he has first dibs though :smile: Thanks

Scratch that, seen your for sale post on another thread.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Spoke to a bodywork place that said to get a respirated match they’d need to do the whole front of the car and remove the original decals etc.

Costly and annoying.

Mat, if you haven't already sorted this, you might want to ask James (@jmh93) for his advice regarding a respray. He had his done before the WW2018 and it looked good to my eyes.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I certainly did.

I sourced a mk2 clio bonnet in reasonable condition and the bodyshop flattened out any dents or marks.

They resprayed the bonnet (obviously) and blended it into the wings. didn't touch the front bumper as there isn't enough joining red to need a 100% perfect colour match anyway.

I paid ~£800