Offered: Trophy 177 (free to collector)

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was never really an active member of the forum, but did post a few updates on No177 whilst the car was in regular use.
NOTE: there seems to be 2 Trophy's in existence with the 177 plaque. Please see the car register thread for a bit more info.

Unfortunately, the car has seen much better days, but was running when I last fired her up (although that was about 2 years ago).

A number of factors, but primarily an imminent house has kicked me into action to move the car on.
Given the amount of work that is needed I've not been able to justify spending the time or money to bring it up to the standard it would deserve.

With that said, I'd be happy to let anyone that either did want to take on the restoration work, or just take the car for parts have it if they can come and collect it.

If you do want to take it then I can give you any service related doc's that I have, but please assume that at best the history will be incomplete. I always thought I'd keep the car, and wasn't too bothered about the lack of formality in stamping up the service history when it was serviced as I knew what work had been done.

I did have the car looked at by Dan @ SJM Automotive (South West, Street) shortly before I stopped driving it, and the list of advised mechanical work included:
Intermittent misfire requiring some further investigation.
OSF CV Boot split.
Sump gasket & rear main oil seal weeping (though there doesn't appear to be much of an oil stain on the driveway).
Cat to manifold joint corroded.
Rear brake hose corroded.
Steering rack bushes worn and showing movement.
Inner ARB bushes perished.

Externally, there is no splitter, and the NSF wing has some cracks and a split (low speed glancing blow, so no structural damage behind it.

Currently the battery doesn't have enough power to unlock the car, so you'd need to be able to work with that when you came to collect.

Unsurprisingly, it doesn't have a current MOT either.

Some positives are that the car still has all of the OEM items that made it a trophy. i.e. The Sachs dampers (unserviced), Recaro seats, Speedline wheels (would need a refurb though).

I'm South West based (near Midsomer Norton), and looking to move the car off my drive before the end of October. Please send me a PM if you want a phone number to discuss further.

Cheers,
Andy

Reaction score
Surely you can sell it for something, then just giving it away.

Worth alot just in parts..

I'd love it to go with my dad's v6...

Reaction score
Surely you can sell it for something, then just giving it away.

Worth alot just in parts..

I'd love it to go with my dad's v6...

Hi sj2112,

If you're interested in the car then please could you PM me so we can exchange numbers and discuss.

Reaction score
Offer to collect by the end of this week has now been made. Happy to keep a list of interest in case arrangements fall through.

Reaction score
Hi
After recently selling my clio track car , I decided to replace it with a Trophy that could be used for sunny day runs and the odd track day if i could fit one in.
Luckily came across Trevors add after it flashed up on Facebook and the rest is history :)

My old car that some may recognise from .net

View attachment 25962

#057 after a quick wash when I got back from collecting

View attachment 25963

Tucked up next to its garage mate.

View attachment 25964

No real plans justnow for the car as will probably have limited use over winter, but will probably get a set of Jon Foz's lowered subframes as i had forgot how high you sit in in a standard clio.
WOW.
Never thought i would see a Trophy given away for free.
:oops:

I guess it's all good when you are rich, and money has no meaning to you

Reaction score
Trophy No.
A certain Dan Potter was enquiring about Sachs rebuilds on the FB site after "picking up a neglected Trophy"