New Alpine Concept.

Reaction score
If this is the way things are going, it might have some potential.

But no doubt the road going version will end up a lot different compared to the concept.
Thats what usually happens anyway.

But no matter what they eventually produce, trying to keep the weight down will have
a big influence on what its like to drive. You still cant beat physics...well not yet anyway ;)

Although, even now, most manufacturers seem to have given up the fight to stop
adding so much weight to modern cars.
Whats the new M3...18/1900 + kg's? and that doesn't even have batteries to worry about.

Thats my ranting over :rolleyes::)

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I can't make my mind up about it aesthetically; there's bits I like, the cues from the Renault 5, the chunky almost rally rep proportions etc, it reminds me of things I used to sketch in the back of my school exercise books when I should have been paying more attention rather than daydreaming about being a car designer. But then elements of it just hit me as crass styling pastiche, like the fake scoops and blanked vents - they have no place or purpose on something electric so why put them there, it just makes it look overly fussy. Then there's the wheels, which to my eyes are simply hideous.

So, I'm a bit conflicted, before we even get into the potential weight of the thing. I feel though that Alpine are at least trying to create something with 'character' and that, like the A110 is perhaps to be applauded. If they can engineer in some lightness, take the wheel size down a few notches and give it some suspension travel, who knows, it might actually be a hoot on the right b-road.

Not that it's ever going to be something I'd be in the market for, my hot hatch boxes are already ticked. :D 🚗

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I have to admit that I like the idea that they have taken the original model and then done a RenaultSport to it. We will have to wait and see I guess.

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
That’s not a bad ass….

It is quite good from that angle for sure, looks quite clean and well proportioned. Perhaps it's because I can't see those godawful wheels... 😆

It is great to see them doing this kind of thing and certainly has some potential as you say. I just wonder if in time the whole EV thing will be a bit of a cul-de-sac.