Low mileage collectors item

Bay

Reaction score
Hi All

I own a Trophy myself but have been asked by a family friend, who is a car collector, if there is anyone on here who has a Troohy that has under 10k miles. Am aware of the 11k mile example on eBay but he's after something with seriously low miles...

Any help would be appreciated !!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Good luck with your hunt..

11k in 13 years is pretty damn low and even that one went went 11 years without a belt change. Make of that what you will as far as it being “well” looked after collectors item.

Price wise £15k approx New in 2005 means any original investors would be wanting circa £19k just to break even on the purchase..Even then you add storage costs, servicing, insurance etc.. I would be impressed if anyone who has actually kept on with lower miles would consider selling for anything less than crazy money.

Reaction score
This could be interesting...

I can't imagine there are too many with less than 11k miles never mind 10k.

But you never know :grinning:

Reaction score
I should think anyone that may have one tucked away with delivery miles is in it for the long haul and wouldn’t be tempted with anything south of £20k.

Reaction score
It would be interesting to see..
What was the rumoured sale price of the 1k LY V6 somthing like £65,000 was it not?

Not suggesting a trophy will ever hit that kind of money..

There currently a delivery miles mk2focus RS500 for sale on the continent for £57,000

Reaction score
Trophy No.
There must be some with that mileage out there, my 5 has not many more, but any with mileage that low are already likely to be in the hands of collectors and with prices only just beginning their march north there would be little incentive to part with it after salting it away for the last 13 years. But who knows...........

Bay

Reaction score
Yes totally agree with your comments. Will be interested to see if anyone does have one available but appreciate it's a tough ask....

Reaction score
11k Miles is stupidly low low and look at it as new!!
What are you looking for if you want lower then that lol

One that’s just come out the showroom?
Either way you would be talking something mad like around 20-30k easily

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bay

Reaction score
11k Miles is stupidly low low and look at it as new!!
What are you looking for if you want lower then that lol

One that’s just come out the showroom?
Either way you would be talking something mad like around 20-30k easily

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I totally agree... Like I said it's not for me but for a friend who collects cars!! Someone who is insistent on finding something with silly miles

Reaction score
If he's that fussy it might be easier to get Renault to build a continuation Trophy like Jaguar did with light weight E-Type and DType...

I really doubt he can find one that has less miles than 11k.

Somebody will probably show up with such a car now that I've said that :laughing::laughing:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I believe there's a 6.5k miles Trophy somewhere in the south east area... or there used to be.

Bay

Reaction score
I believe there's a 6.5k miles Trophy somewhere in the south east area... or there used to be.
That would be very interesting.....

Reaction score
I should think anyone that may have one tucked away with delivery miles is in it for the long haul and wouldn’t be tempted with anything south of £20k.

Even that would be a poor return on capital invested over 12 years.