Jaine's Trophy

Reaction score
Trophy No.
So, 119 is finally home. Few things need doing that I knew about but after bouncing all the way home down the M25 one major thing now seems obvious. :-(
It has 3 different types of ditch finders on it, (just looking at your tyre list)
Dirty passenger seat (cleaning that when the sun comes out along with seat belts)
Headlights have had it, not sure even a machine polish could get them back?
Wheels need a re-furb at some point - anyone suggest someone please?

Someone at some point has fitted xenons & the leather back seat but I don't mind that. Mileage is good at 88k, car is straight, no rust, no aftermarket stereo, factory alarm still.

Still happy for £4000.
2017-05-13 11.06.15.jpg

Reaction score
Sounds good especially for 4k. I used the meguiars kit for my headlights which was good but needed redoing ever few month's but try the new one with the sealer as well. Worse case by new ones from ECP's when they have a big discount code on. They do the Hella units.

Big Dave

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Sounds great, bargain... You actually beat a mate of mine too it, as he was after it also...

Reaction score
Yes they are, got the receipt, instructions and seen them working when I drive my car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry but from the photo you have posted they are not Xenon headlights - possibly you have uprated bulbs fitted.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
From the picture they do just look like the OE with the light grey inserts and as Mossy said, they are probably just "Xenon" bulbs. It does make it easier to just swop in new units though :)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I didn't say they were xenon units, neither did the advert, just xenons ;-) hee hee.
Anyway, today was spent removing about 10 various stickers all over the car (not my thing), cleaning the inside, greasing everywhere, scrubbing carpets, ordering 2 front tyres, oil & filter, chasing up the seller about the sachs refurb he apparently had done & sent email to Pristine wheels about getting those sorted! Long way to go but getting there 2017-05-21 15.17.06.jpg

Reaction score
Trophy No.
very nice and great price, you know what needs doing and the price you paid is a great entry point to trophy ownership ive not seem a 'whole' one for 4k all year.

ive done this time and time again, bought a cheap exmple of a certain kind of car and plowed money into it only spending more than just buying a decent example would have cost.

its fun tho and a hobby i guess

im not having a go btw ive done it many many times. but in buying my trophy which im yet to pick up, i just wanted a sorted example.

but good luck and in my opinion, down grade that rear seat pronto!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I did look at examples with the same mileage, same amount of owners, FSH etc and they were all over 7k. This one all in will cost me about 5k all in so quite a good buy. Classic insurance helps too. Thankfully I still know a few people in the motor trade from where I used to work and lots of memories coming back from early Clio sport days when I had the 172 then the Cup.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Trophy No.
This week had two front tyres fitted, changed oil and filter, had all wheels off and checked brakes and suspension. Booked in for wheels to be done. Popped to see my lovely friend Mark Fish who will no doubt be all over it soon :)
All done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Hi everyone, i've just bought this trophy. I looked at buying one a few years ago but this came along at the right time...

I'm buying it to use as a daily, tho will probably buy another car for that and keep the trophy for fun.

I'll mention the price, in case it's of interest to anyone. £5,500 which given the work done on the car and present condition and mileage (90,600) seemed about right to me give or take 500 quid.

Will be buying a spare key and i'll have the s/wheel refurbed. The car drives very well but to me the brakes could do with upgrading so that is something i'll look at at some point.

Probably had over 50 cars, and I've always loved clios, I nearly bought a Williams about 10yrs ago and I've owed a 200 for a while.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Wonderful, so lovely to see Punk again. I have just bought my 8th Williams! Punk was a great car after sorting all the work the last owner had given us false receipts for. Enjoy & keep us updated.