Hermes lost my Dampers

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yep! its true! I sent them off to BG Motorsport for refurbishing and Hermes have kindly lost them.

In the short term I am going to put some cup dampers on the car. Longer term I need to get some New Sachs dampers on it

So the questions are:

1. How much am I going to have to pay for a pair of dampers?
2. Has anyone got a pair?

Annoyingly I sent my rears out in the same box as well!

Reaction score
impossible:oops: they have to find them!!!!
i know 2 front sachs dampers with spring and 2 rear sachs damper with spring for 1000 euros but i am thinking it s a little bit too expensive.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
This is shocking. So sorry to read this ? I'll keep an eye out. Try the Facebook group - I see them come up occasionally

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
The RRP of these shocks was around £1200+ each so if there where available new that's what you would be looking to spend.

As they are not available your best chance is to find a second hand pair that are in used condition and you could be looking at anything from £400/500/600/700 for the pair.

The RRP of the rears was £200 a damper, Once again these are no longer available and are a hard item to find.
Most people will run 182 CUP dampers or speak to mark fish regarding the Koni damper set up.

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the loss! Hermes have been loosing a lot of people's things left right and center this year. Fingers crossed they turn up somehow.

Reaction score
I know it’s easy to say after the event but you should never trust Hermes with anything worth more than a tenner. They lose stuff and their list of items you can’t post invalidates almost any item you post. As an example and probably their get out in this case you can’t post oils or pressurised containers. Prepare yourself for additional disappointment beyond them losing the items

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Have seen these for some time on FB market?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201031-080605_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20201031-080605_Facebook.jpg
    288.3 KB · Views: 46
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I managed to finally track down the guy who listed these (who shared them on behalf of a friend) and bought them I'm afraid ?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
impossible:oops: they have to find them!!!!
i know 2 front sachs dampers with spring and 2 rear sachs damper with spring for 1000 euros but i am thinking it s a little bit too expensive.

They still for sale?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Seen a few sets for sale in France. They talk about having 60mm spacers. Is this correct shock for the Trophy? seen a few threads on this but couldn't work out what the answer was?

Reaction score
Seen a few sets for sale in France. They talk about having 60mm spacers. Is this correct shock for the Trophy? seen a few threads on this but couldn't work out what the answer was?
60mm bolt spacing is Trophy fitment. 54mm is not.

Reaction score
Hermes are absolutely shocking, took a week to deliver mk3 clio rad support/front subframe cross member, was delayed several times then eventually they could be bothered to deliver it. When I get mine rebuilt at BG I'll drive them down there to be sure.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I've just replaced the fronts on mine and have a spare set for sale now.
They came off the car at 120k, but they have definitely been refurbed in the past. They are de-pinned and the rods look brand new. Definitely need another refurb before being fitted, but they'll be up for sale on this site shortly.
Also have a set of second hand adjustable Konis. Again, used, but serviceable condition.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Find it difficult to believe they've lost something as heavy as a couple of dampers - more like stolen.

Second hand market is where i'd be searching....