Gen front splitter wanted

Reaction score
Honestly if you still have one. unless you have a show only car. Remove it, stick a skonda or other on and drive without worry.

Then stick it back on for sale.

A fat bumble bee would shatter these when they weren't 12 years old.

Reaction score
Anyone who still has a genuine front splitter fitted or has one to hand may be able to answer my question, rather than me starting a new thread!
Using an old part number I gave them, my local dealer managed to get hold of two genuine items. They have imperfections, one more than the other, and look like they have been stored for a good while; nevertheless they are certainly genuine!
The problem I have is the texture of the plastic looks wrong and does not match the colour or texture of say the washer blanks or scuttle panel. I expected the plastic to be soft and flexible however its quite hard and brittle! Regrettably I do not have any photos to back up what I'm saying but I'm sure you will know what I mean when I say it does not look like a 'Renault plastic'. Have they tarnished or gone brittle? Has someone texturised them again to make them look new? Have they been craftilly fitted to another vehicle and repaired before been sent out? These are questions both me and the parts manager were pondering; him also convinced they didn't look right hence why he ordered another to compare the two..
Advice would be appreciated as I'm not confident in handing over the £200 asking price unless I'm happy that is how the splitters are!
Many Thanks, Danny.

Reaction score
Sounds like gen Danny. I have 2 of them on my cars. They are very hard plastic with something similar to a stippled fine sandpaper finish. They also have some sort of Belgium stamp on them as I recall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Wonder what happened to Danny Wilson, he posted his thread about finding 2 splitters a couple of days ago and disappeared, hope he hasn’t tripped with them and been speared by a splintered genuine splitter

Reaction score
Thankfully not!
I didn't have much doubt they were genuine my concern was they were used and or refinished! Thank you for your advice, I will see what I can do.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
This is how a new one should arrive, sealed in a bubble wrap sleeve and as black as you would expect black trim to be, believe it or not :)IMG_0634.JPG

Reaction score
Trophy No.
And yes the texture is different, it has more of a rough matt paint finish rather than the dimpled finish of the other parts you describe.