Front seat runners

TheSaint

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Both the front seats in my trophy when tilted forward to allow access to the back seats will not lock back into their original positions. The back of the seats go back to their orgional position but the bases do not lock into place, I have to force the leaver down to stop the seats sliding back and forth.

Any ideas ? There doesn’t appear to be anything blocking them ? Will I just need to get replacements and will any old 3 door mk2 Clio seat runner fit the Recaro frames?

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
No re the seat frames.

It's probably an easy fix to be fair - not sure without pics but the seat tilt and fix uses a pulley system, which can easily be unhooked if someones foot knocks it (when sitting in the rear).

Grab a torch and get down under the seat to see if you can see a loose wire or spindle. Failing that it may be easier to remove the seat and re-attach them.

Worst case scenario is that the spindle/sprocket is broken - I guess you'd have to speak with Capitol Seating in Northants, who are the main Recaro importers to get a solution.

TheSaint

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
No re the seat frames.

It's probably an easy fix to be fair - not sure without pics but the seat tilt and fix uses a pulley system, which can easily be unhooked if someones foot knocks it (when sitting in the rear).

Grab a torch and get down under the seat to see if you can see a loose wire or spindle. Failing that it may be easier to remove the seat and re-attach them.

Worst case scenario is that the spindle/sprocket is broken - I guess you'd have to speak with Capitol Seating in Northants, who are the main Recaro importers to get a solution.
Bugger ! Why is nothing easy ...

I had a look under the seats already after reading and article in the technical help section here. Didn’t notice anything unusual but I’ll take a second look before contacting Capitol. Thank for you help man !