Front Sachs

Reaction score
ok , i will check if i find a movement on reservoir on twice dampers, i think it's not enough to be sure if dampers is not ok but on of different sign of worn

Reaction score
Trophy No.
ok , i will check if i find a movement on reservoir on twice dampers, i think it's not enough to be sure if dampers is not ok but on of different sign of worn
As I have tried to stress, movement of the reservoir is not a good way of checking the health of a damper on it’s own. The dampers are unlikely to fail together so you have another to compare it against. If you can push down on the front corner and it bounces but not on the other side then the damper has failed and it is the spring only that is doing the damping.

Reaction score
ok i understand, i am in this situation, on the front right side, dampers bounce and not on the front left side.
i think i have to find or refurbish sachs dampers.
i will try to find reference on this website

Reaction score
threads/inside-a-sachs-damper
some information concerning pressure in sachs dampers
may be it would be interesting to try to inflate with air/azote the reservoir

Reaction score
Trophy No.

some useful info from post 214? But the whole of the thread is well worth a read but as above “just refurb them”

Reaction score
ok many thanks, seems to be very interesting
i have to take time to read the post and after that i will take a decision

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have just got my pairs refurbished at BG motorsport! However they discovered that one of the struts , the left hand spring pan has a
couple of areas which appear to be quite thin. Therefore, the concern is that when
the rust is blasted away it would end up with holes in the spring pan rendering
it unusable!

Advice anyone ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
difficult to find the good solution, may be welding a metal plate on this area to reinforce .....

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have just got my pairs refurbished at BG motorsport! However they discovered that one of the struts , the left hand spring pan has a
couple of areas which appear to be quite thin. Therefore, the concern is that when
the rust is blasted away it would end up with holes in the spring pan rendering
it unusable!

Advice anyone ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You used to be able to buy the spring cups from Sachs but I think they are now discontinued
Looks like a job for a fabrication shop is needed or a single strut found and bought