Reaction score
Trophy No.
Located in Edinburgh - £6500

2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Trophy
Number 215
119k miles
MOT until 23/10/2024
Belts and dephaser done @ 111k miles on 03/06/2021 by Rentec in Edinburgh

This Trophy lived locally to me since 2010, so I used to see it regularly in passing. Previously on the reg T25 PHY for the majority of its life, the previous owner loved the car and knew exactly what it was, however it had gotten into a bit of a ‘neglected’ state over the years.

I tried to buy it a few years ago when I still had my own 182’s and he eventually let it go this year. I have cleaned it up and fixed a few bits on it but it is still very much a work in progress type of car (depending on how far you want to go with it). I have other projects though so it’s time for it to go to someone who will care for it and use it as intended.

Starting off with the good bits. It is still very much original and still has the main Trophy extras fitted; Sachs front dampers (not sure on proof of service/rebuild however no leaks), correct offset Speedline Turinis, Trophy boot spoiler, Recaro Trendlines (immaculate with no bolster wear) and Trophy rear bench. Even has all the heatshields underneath which is rare if you know your 182’s. Original radio, Renault wallet and books, toolkit, stacks of paperwork and 2 x keys present.

It has a K-Tec resonated exhaust with sports cat fitted. Has recently had new number plates, wiper blades, OSF seatbelt, drivers window regulator, 3 x injectors and gearbox oil change carried out. The paintwork in general is all pretty good for being a used Trophy. The usual door and boot handles are starting to fade.

Now the not so good. Before I begin, this is all subject to how far you would want to go with the car. It runs and drives great. Ready to be used as either a daily driver or fun weekend toy. However if you wanted to do a factory fresh restoration on it, then it’ll need a bit more work.

The front bumper has a crack at the bottom and it is missing the cup splitter, however you can still buy these online from Renault I believe. Rear arches are bubbling and the car has had attention to the sills for last years MOT. The work was actually carried out very well and the floor/chassis legs and sills are tidy and straight. No holes on the rear arches so you could probably get away with just paint, or leave as is for now and use it! A/C control panel is peeling, another common Trophy issue.

It will want 4 x tyres come MOT time. A few of last year’s advisories have been rectified. If I don’t have much interest I will be fitting 4 x Michelin Pilot Sports and putting a fresh MOT on the car. Apart from that, it’s still a nice useable example. Any questions or to arrange a viewing, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.

Attachments

• IMG_4915.jpeg
    IMG_4915.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4917.jpeg
    IMG_4917.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4918.jpeg
    IMG_4918.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4919.jpeg
    IMG_4919.jpeg