First world problem - Clio 182 Trophy length

Slow progress

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
I’m hoping that the numbers are wrong…..

My Clio is still at Micks , so can’t measure it, but does anyone know the actual length of a Clio 182 trophy?

Just been offered a Panda 100hp pandamonium (best special edition name ever!) but appear to be 3cm short in garage length if the official 3812mm length for the Clio is correct…..anyone have a tape measure to hand……????

Oracle

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
3mm ?

Lift the front end on a gentle ramp, it will be shorter at an angle.

Slow progress

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Alas about 3cm!

I’d spotted that a standard Clio 182 is reported as being shorter than the Trophy!

Slow progress

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Wouldn’t care a Panda 100hp for £1250 (in need of work) would be a great daily and project car

Slow progress

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Was out at a customer dinner last night….really good….bad hangover…..found out I’ve made an offer on the Panda!!!! Last time this happened I ended up withLand Rover S3…..god knows what I’ll do if they accept it as it doesn’t fit with the Clio 😳😳😳

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Weight1090kg
Length3812mm
Width1940mm
Height1414mm
Wheelbase2485mm
Turning Circle10m

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I’m feeling your pain. Just checked out the potential new home for one of my cars today which measures 10’ 1/4” in length and the space is 9’ 8” square. Talk about frustrating. 🙄

Slow progress

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Well……I’d made a lowball offer of £1250 and it was accepted.

It’ll have to live on the drive….picking it up on Saturday.

Anyone ever driven a Panda 100hp? Are they actually any good?

Slow progress

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Also Clio might be back this week

Mick says the gearbox was the worst he’s ever seen! But just about fixed now…..don’t think I get a prize for that😳😁

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Anyone ever driven a Panda 100hp? Are they actually any good?
I had one for a day once when they were new, with a view to buying one as a runabout. Spent a good couple of hours punting it around some of my favourite B-roads and it came across as a bundle of fun in a way, but I personally found the lack of rear suspension travel too much of a compromise to make as it tempered any sort of swift progress when the going got bumpy. I felt it could easily and quickly bounce you off the road if too much commitment was attempted.

If you were just zipping round town, I'd imagine it would be perfectly fine.

I didn't buy one...

Slow progress

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Mixed weekend….Clio is back and sounds fab. We’ve worked our dephaser and water pump have not been done! They show in the records as fine in May 2021….followed by an engine replacement in Oct/Nov 2021🫣

So now waiting for a slot in July to get that sorted. In the meantime initial assessment at bodyshop in 2 weeks time, then booking in for the bodywork over the winter. I’m sure the Clio is lovely to drive…..can’t wait to find out just gutted I’ve not been able to drive it in full health since getting it in December!

Also didn’t get the Panda as rot in the frame and sills was extensive. However absolutely loved it, will be getting one once I’ve saved up for a better example. This one had the bump stops modified with Fiat Coupe ones and larger walled tyres (extra 5mm) and rode really well, like an overkeen puppy! It felt so small even compared to the Clio!

Slow progress

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
It’s not!

I was tired….the standard Panda is shorter than the 100hp! It’s just the bumper design on it.