Colour of New Rear Standard Springs

Reaction score
If you have been following the initial thread re the front springs then you will know that Eibach have agreeded to remake the original Renault Trophy, Cup Spec spring for us.

A kind member has lent me a pair to send to Eibach to measure, test etc etc..so project 2 is underway.

They have asked the question what colour we want the rear spring powder coating??

My thoughts are original black colour which is rather boring given we can have any colour of the rainbow. But I am just thinking for the originality of looks?

Please add any colours or thoughts you may wish?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I think black as well. Maybe with Trophy stamped on them in silver?

Reaction score
As nice as red ones might be, black is OEM, and I think that will hold most sway with members.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I agree. Black would be my preferred choice.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
I would strongly agree with black.

Eibach already do red along with Mark fish.

If we get black units we can add our own Red & White cup markings if people want to to try and keep the OE look 100%

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
In terms of them being a replica of the original springs they should in my mind be black, with perhaps as others have suggested; a Trophy specific marking somewhere?

Last edited:
Reaction score
As per the above threads....they will be black.

They will come with some form of part number to ref the trophy/cup I’d suggest in either silver or red.

Re logo’s...I think that will be a step to far.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
As per the above threads....they will be black.

They will come with some form of part number to ref the trophy/cup I’d suggest in either silver or red.

Re logo’s...I think that will be a step to far.

The Trophy logo was a non starter from the off but if you don't ask.......
I think as long as both front and back have a recognisable mark/ref to identify them as copies but copies made to the Trophy specification then I suspect most will be happy.

Great work by the way.

Reaction score
Hi new to the forum, in need of rear springs and in black with trophy markings sounds great. Is it possible to get some?

Reaction score
The Trophy logo was a non starter from the off but if you don't ask.......
I think as long as both front and back have a recognisable mark/ref to identify them as copies but copies made to the Trophy specification then I suspect most will be happy.

Great work by the way.

Totally agree.....I will follow suit as per the fronts with some form of link in the part number.

It will be something along the lines of TrophyCup.........then a part number.

I think a black spring with red writing.

I’ll keep you updated but realistically the project will be aiming for a product in hand July period.....cost unknown. But given the fronts are £150 a pair delivered I’d expect the rears to be a lot lower in price.