Cambelt garage or mechanics required for Trophy

Reaction score
Hi all,

I live in East London but unable to find a good garage to get my Trophy cambelt plus the water pump done. The car has low mileage of 45k and the belt etc was changed 8yrs ago around 23K after a water pump failure and tappets noise. Since then no issue with any unusual oil use or water leak only topped up once between the minimum and the top marking; so its in really good condition. The concern is cam belt degradation and can't risk that. I probably can work on it but not to risk doing it on my own and will need the right tools etc.

I used to take my car to R Sports but it was closed two years ago. Would like to find a reliable recommendaton. Somone did recommented Mark Fisher but at £700 labour is high. Even mobile machanic will do as can can be done on my front yard.

Really appreciate any suggestion. Thanks

Pao

Reaction score
Two Techs in Dartford get decent press, not sure if that’s a feasible distance from you. Engine Dynamics too, but I’m not sure where they are.

I’d be wanted by it done ASAP given it’s 3 years overdue, the risks are high.

Reaction score
Two Techs in Dartford get decent press, not sure if that’s a feasible distance from you. Engine Dynamics too, but I’m not sure where they are.

I’d be wanted by it done ASAP given it’s 3 years overdue, the risks are high.

Yes I got it done and they were helpful. The old dephaser looks fine as it had only done about £23k and no sign of any crack or mark or rubber degrade after almost 9 years but only done £23k since these were changed. Well better be safe and not take risk. It has never been on track, got no issue with oil use or coolant and only just over 1200 miles per years for the last 6 years. Expensive bill as parts are more expensive than bought direct. Not driven it much since it was done so will see. Not noticed much difference. Thanks for the suggestion.