Buying Advice

Reaction score
Hiya All,

Never actually posted a thread before.. so apologises if I mess this up..

I have contacted a dealer that’s selling a Trophy to find out that the price advertised
Is a guide price ? ? As the car is yet to go through the dealers workshop , detailing dept.
And if anything requires attention this would be addressed. Then based on that process
The price will go up as the sale has to be viable.

I totally get it has to be a viable sale.. but why advertise something that’s not the correct price.. only to disappoint potential customers.. surely this is taken into account prior to putting up on their site / forecourt etc. Not after. Or is it that the increased interest in a car they can play this card.. is that breaching trading standards ? Or am I being over cautious about this?

In hindsight I should have been quicker of the mark and challenged him

I would have thought a car advertised is the advertised selling price unless this is an auction ? Am I correct.. or is the salesman trying to pull one over me ? I thinking the later.. but some advice would be appreciated. I’m very sceptical of going back to them now..

I would appreciate some thoughts / advice from you guys

Thanks in advance

Reaction score
I’m guessing the dealer has put it up there to gauge interest and set his price accordingly. They all know there is a lot of interest in these cars at the moment so he will be looking at maximising profit, the “viable” bit is just a smokescreen, he knows what he paid for it and will be hoping it turns into an auction in all but name.
if you’ve been following the sales over the last couple of months you should have an idea what the car is worth based on all the usual criteria, maybe pay a bit more with it being a dealer and maybe getting some sort of warranty although the value in some warranties is questionable.
There are a couple for sale privately I think. The good thing about most of these cars is that there is a good data trail for them on here so you have half an idea what you are buying

Reaction score
I have been in the market for a while so fully aware of a fare price and what to look out for.. by the way your is stunning..

Unfortunately there’s no history on here or anywhere regards this particular T.. the add is crap probably to gauge interest on it.. it’s got 2 owners I know that much.

It’s at Ktec..

Reaction score
I have been in the market for a while so fully aware of a fare price and what to look out for.. by the way your is stunning..

Unfortunately there’s no history on here or anywhere regards this particular T.. the add is crap probably to gauge interest on it.. it’s got 2 owners I know that much.

It’s at Ktec..

what # is it....or a link to the ad