Reaction score
Trophy No.
Stevie said:
What is so good about the Orbisoud and why is it so expensive?

Proven performance (they were fitted to the clio cup cars) weight, sound and build quality, mine and streetfighters still look brand new after over 18 months fitted resale value is also high 75% of new means that you are effectivley paying £250 for it :wink:

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Looks a quality piece of kit the orb. The only small downside imo is the fact you have to buy it with the 200 cell sports cat when the trophy already has one so its kind of wasted money. The sports cat's are not cheap either so thats probably what boosts the price up a bit in the first place.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Scorpion 192 arrived today. Looks nice. Im fitting it tomorrow night so give me a couple days and I will get a video posted up.

Attachments

• Scorpion RS192 005.jpg
    Scorpion RS192 005.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 71
  • Scorpion RS192 020.jpg
    Scorpion RS192 020.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 43
  • Scorpion RS192 014.jpg
    Scorpion RS192 014.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 80
  • Scorpion RS192 001.jpg
    Scorpion RS192 001.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 75
  • Scorpion RS192 006.jpg
    Scorpion RS192 006.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 94

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Ye fitting the full system first to see what its like.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Ha. Its my Birthday toy. I bet its not as easy to fit as mecano.
The de-cat connected to the, silencer, the silencer connected to the, back box, the back box connected to the, other box. :)

Reaction score
Jesus you got that quick, when I ordered mine, Scorpion had ran out and I waited about 6 weeks!
The back boxes look massive when they are sitting there in front of you, but they really aren't that big compared to the standards. Also the brace between the tailpipes on mine was too long by about an inch, I had to grind it down so the tailpipes fitted in the cutouts. Just take your time fitting it, get it sitting 'ok' then after a weeks worth of driving, when all is 'bedded in', line it up perfectly. Oh and if you haven't done it already, the exhaust hanger mod is very worthwhile at the same time. I used copper pipe (15mm plumbing) in mine (hosepipe deforms over time) but I've seen people use old sockets with good results:
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=334696 - I'll post a pic up if you're not a member.
Give me a PM if you have any questions about fitting.
Tom

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
PPTom said:
Jesus you got that quick, when I ordered mine, Scorpion had ran out and I waited about 6 weeks!
The back boxes look massive when they are sitting there in front of you, but they really aren't that big compared to the standards. Also the brace between the tailpipes on mine was too long by about an inch, I had to grind it down so the tailpipes fitted in the cutouts. Just take your time fitting it, get it sitting 'ok' then after a weeks worth of driving, when all is 'bedded in', line it up perfectly. Oh and if you haven't done it already, the exhaust hanger mod is very worthwhile at the same time. I used copper pipe (15mm plumbing) in mine (hosepipe deforms over time) but I've seen people use old sockets with good results:
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=334696 - I'll post a pic up if you're not a member.
Give me a PM if you have any questions about fitting.
Tom
i'd also recommend using two ties per pipe also one vertical and one horzontal to keep them in place - the first time i did this they worked themselves free over time with just one.

rojer386

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Looks good......the Stig keyring I'm on about. Mine was a great xmas present!

The exhaust don't look too bad either!!

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.

I ordered it on a weekend and on the Monday they shipped in, got it at 10:00am on Tuesday !

Looks good......the Stig keyring I'm on about. Mine was a great xmas present!

The exhaust don't look too bad either!!

Well spotted ! :) mine was a christmas present too.

Just fitted the exhaust a couple hours ago. Everything lined up ok but had to tweek things a little. I used hose pipe to fill in the hangers as it was all I had at the time. looks and sounds 10 times better than the standard system.

I have the full system fitted. It burbles nicely on tickover and is pretty quiet when driving normally. Put your foot down and it makes alot more noise! downshifts sound brilliant. I was under the impression it would be alot quiter, maybe its because of the de-cat. Im really happy with the noise though.
The car pulls harder from further down the rev range and the 5K kick is alot smoother.

anyways love to chat but im off for a drive..... :D

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Its loud as f**k !

may have to remove the de cat for road use. :)

I think one of the back boxes is catching the heat shield, I will have to have another poke around tomorrow.

Not a look at me exhaust my arse. ive just had plenty of looks...

Reaction score
Thought it may be a tad loud ! Hopefully I will get to hear it on sunday and if its that loud I may here it down here in Manchester :lol:

Reaction score
Guys I'd like to ask the owners of scorpion 192 if there is any power increase(or decrease) with this exhaust...

Ok the sound is not boomy which is very good,but what about power gains ? If the car is not better than before,why order one ?

And something else,cause I travel a lot in national roads,in 3000-4000 rpm is it loud ?

Thanks on behalf.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Ive only had it on a day (obviously) but driving at 3000 - 4000 is not much louder than standard but with a deeper tone. mine only really shows itself when I floor it.

I have noticed an increase in acceleration. seems to pick up alot quicker and it has smoothed out the 5K kick.

Reaction score
Hey ben
Did you fit this yourself? Is it an easy job?? Ive been thinking about a stainless steel exhaust but not too sure which one to get! There is a garage near me that do powerflows but not too sure about them!! They quoted about £300 inc fitting for one of them! Has anyone ever had a powerflow? might just wait and get a scorpion like you have! :D

Reaction score
?hanks BenG.
Any other impressions from scorpion 192 owners are welcomed.... :D

Edit: And something else that I forgot....I've already have a rossi sports cat(the rest of the exhaust system is oem) will I have any problems fitting it ?

Reaction score
Bagus said:
Guys I'd like to ask the owners of scorpion 192 if there is any power increase(or decrease) with this exhaust...

Ok the sound is not boomy which is very good,but what about power gains ? If the car is not better than before,why order one ?

And something else,cause I travel a lot in national roads,in 3000-4000 rpm is it loud ?

Thanks on behalf.

I personally always take power claims for upgrades with a pinch of salt. Having said that it does certainly "feel" a bit nippier but then that could be down to louder exhaust note. I have done some timed runs with the standard system and the RS192 and although the recorded runs up to .5 seconds quicker to the ton, the gains really are negligible in the real world. Note that the runs where also done on different days.

I fitted mine myself, I wouldn't say it was too difficult (as long as you have the right tools) but probably took twice as long as a professional fitter, but as long as you do things slowly, logically and methodically you shouldn't have too much of a problem. (unless something breaks!!)

Why get one if its not better than standard? sounds better, lasts longer, life time warrenty, is lighter, shinier, tips fills the bumper cutouts and the standard item in most cases are rusted through.