Reaction score
Bit of an exhaust noob here.

Can someone explain to me if decats are legal? I heard you won't pass an MOT if you don't have a cat?

And whats involved with engine management etc?

BTW Matt that Yozza sounds awesome!!

Thanks

Reaction score
I've just this week bought SPV's Trophy from him, so I now have the Yozzasport to experience. It's not quiet, but does sound great! On a steady throttle when cruising, it's not bad at all, at motorway speeds the wind/road noise is as noticeable as the exhaust, so it's not boomy.

What sort of power gain would people expect from the decat pipe? How much louder is it? I understand the also do a decat with extra silencer, but where's the fun in that!?

Had the engine management light come on and stay on today, no other symptoms, running fine and temp gauge normal, so suspect this maybe a sensor somewhere. I've ordered an OBD II code reader, as suggested on a thread on here, got it for £22.50 from eBay, UK seller. Hopefully it will arrive quickly, and shed some light on the fault! Saves a costly trip to the stealer!

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Ossie87 said:
Bit of an exhaust noob here.

Can someone explain to me if decats are legal? I heard you won't pass an MOT if you don't have a cat?

And whats involved with engine management etc?

BTW Matt that Yozza sounds awesome!!

Thanks

Decats themselves are not illegal but the fact that the car wont pass an MOT test renders it illegal.

Reaction score
littleandy0410 said:
Had the engine management light come on and stay on today, no other symptoms, running fine and temp gauge normal, so suspect this maybe a sensor somewhere. I've ordered an OBD II code reader, as suggested on a thread on here, got it for £22.50 from eBay, UK seller. Hopefully it will arrive quickly, and shed some light on the fault! Saves a costly trip to the stealer!

this is usually Lamba Sensor there are 2 on the exhaust... one is on the cat and one is before the cat... i have just had mine both replaced (dont bother using a steeler as any garage can get this part and fit it... but make sure you ask for an official renault part...) :wink: